TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Shelby Cs8 Grille Install Instructions

bullitt08

I just ordered a CS8 grille from Shelby and thought it was the new one that had no foglight holes. When I got it there were the foglight holes cut in it. I found a place that sells the PIAA lights but i need to know how they install to the grille. I cannot get a hold of the factory brackets from Shelby so I am hopeing if I can see how they mount to the grille maybe I can get something made. If not then I may just return the grille to Shelby.

Those lights were discontinued by the manufacturer about 5 years ago and it is almost impossible to find a set anywhere.

I bought a spare set for my CS6 and paid double what they were originally worth.

I thought Shelby stopped selling the grill with the holes years ago ?

I would call them and find out what happened and explain you wanted a grill without the holes as even if you are

lucky enough to find lights you still don't have the special brackets Shelby originally supplied to mount them.

I contacted Shelby and they said this is the last grille they have and they will no longer make this one or the one with no holes. I found a few places that have these PIAA lights still for $150 a set. But Shelby aslo said they dont have the brackets anymore and i would have to make my own so I think I might just go ahead and return this grille. I was told i could just try blocking off the holes but I think it might look funny.

I would be thinking about trying the Boss 302 Laguna Seca foglamp blockoff kit. I understand it looks pretty racy and is recognized by the cognoscenti. It would likely take some adjustment, but might be distinctive and easier to accomplish than lights.

• 1 month later...

A few more pictures ,, :camera: ,,if you need any more help with this Grille install ,,, please send me a email at :

RMSwitzer@cableone.net ,,, and I will be glad to help as much as I can ,, the grill housing will have to be moded some and well as the car front support ,, so the grill can slide all the way in , tooling needed are as shown in pictures ,, :cool:

wait ,,sorry ,,you will only have the mod the PIAA light bracket ,,, support bracket the PIAA lights site on ,, for the grill to slide back all the way in ,, please see pictures , above , and you can make these alum brackets yourself ,, go to any Home depot or Lowes ,, get a small sheet of 1/8 thick alum ,, cut out as shown ,, and bend as shown in pictures ,, :camera:

Those lights were discontinued by the manufacturer about 5 years ago and it is almost impossible to find a set anywhere.

I bought a spare set for my CS6 and paid double what they were originally worth.

I thought Shelby stopped selling the grill with the holes years ago ?

I would call them and find out what happened and explain you wanted a grill without the holes as even if you are

lucky enough to find lights you still don't have the special brackets Shelby originally supplied to mount them.

I have the bracket lay out ,, and the other bracket that was used by Shelby Autos ,, please see pictures ,, :camera:

477555-R1-00-25A.jpg

477555-R1-01-24A.jpg

477555-R1-02-23A.jpg

477555-R1-03-22A.jpg

477555-R1-06-19A.jpg

• 5 years later...

Archived