TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Mounts Question

Hey Guys,

I have a question. I am looking at getting the FRPP intake manifold for my SGT but I was not sure it would clear the the strut tower brace the SGT's came with. I have read some of the other topics on here about this subject but didnt really see the answer. I know some people have done the motor mounts and a K-Member and it worked, but I wanted to do is just do motor mounts without a new K-member. I am installing long tubes and the motor mounts are already going to lower them more to the ground. The long tubes are BBK to be exact. The motor mounts I was going to buy are the Shelby, Steeda or BBR mounts. With longtubes, can I just get new motor mounts without having to buy a K-member to lower the engine enough to install the FRPP manifold with the stock SGT tower brace?

Thanks guys for your help!

Thank you for your time,

-Francis

I use a set of Lethal Performance MM and I run Pypes LT's with out issue. I can't speak whether or not the MM will drop the motor enough to fit the FRP intake and the stock strut brace. No need to go with a different k member.

You could always do like I did and just change to the other FRPP stut brace, then you won't have to do the motor mounts. I have LT's and the FRPP intake and have zero clearance issues with the FR V-6/Bullitt bar. You are correct though, the STB that came with our car's will not work with said intake without lowering the motor, I have no idea how much it needs to be lowered for it to fit. You might want to send andrewnagle 1964 a PM i think he did what you are planning to do and can give you more info.

Jeff

You could always do like I did and just change to the other FRPP stut brace, then you won't have to do the motor mounts. I have LT's and the FRPP intake and have zero clearance issues with the FR V-6/Bullitt bar. You are correct though, the STB that came with our car's will not work with said intake without lowering the motor, I have no idea how much it needs to be lowered for it to fit. You might want to send andrewnagle 1964 a PM i think he did what you are planning to do and can give you more info.

Jeff

My current set up is the BMR K-member with 1/2" drop, but my previous set ups was with BBR adjustable prothane motor mounts at lowest setup with stock K-member and I have LT's

image.jpg

My current set up is the BMR K-member with 1/2" drop, but my previous set ups was with BBR adjustable prothane motor mounts at lowest setup with stock K-member and I have LT's

Thanks guys for all of your insight! andrewnagle1964. Now When you just had long tubes and motor mounts, the FRPP intake manifold touch the tower brace? That doesnt matter to me but was just curious!

Thanks,

Francis

• 8 months later...

I have the Shelby motor mounts installed with my Whipple and deep draw hood and they work awesome, so from what I remember from doing my research you should have no issues with the STB.

Larry, did you have to modify the underside of the hood to fit the pulley?

Archived