TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csm Numbered Billet Sill Plates For Your 2008 Kr? Shelby American Has Them!

If you own an 08 KR and you nor the original owner (if you're not) never picked up your GT500KR billet sill plates, SAI has them sitting in boxes on their shelves waiting to be bought. Each set has your CSM number stamped into them. I just picked mine up, what a nice surprise.

There were only made for the 08s.

$119.00 plus shipping.

Contact Brian Turner at SAI.

AK.

Dangnabbit,, I was just in Vegas too. I would have loved to see it first. I will give Brian a call. Thanks for the info AK. How does your dead pedal cover look?

I see it doesn't have the complete number, are these from SAI?

I'll make sure Brian knows about this. He was sure they were only for the 08s.

AK.

My CSM # is on them; I simply photoshopped it out. I suspect that SAI just keeps a stock of finished ones on hand for the '08s, and that if you want one for the '09, they send a blank out to the engraver (?). I ordered mine shortly after they were announced some time back, and had to wait a couple months for it.

I seem to remember that the '08 guys were getting theirs pretty quickly, right after these became available. :)

Interesting thread. I noticed they were $119.99 then. They should be half off now to move them off the shelves!

I agree, maybe not 50% but same or near original price. It's not like they've got up in value!!!

They have aged like a fine wine. Maybe they have sprinkled gold dust on them. If I have a set with my number, I still want them. I just hate being gouged. They look really cool too. The pictures in the thread probably do not do them justice.

Just read through the older thread. Maybe they included the plastic holders in the meantime. This could be the reason why the price went up.

Anyway, did someone install the lighted version? They are listed for 278 USD, what's only slightly more expensive.

Regards,

Florian

I also have the engraved set and, yes, they do look great. I think I paid $119 for them years ago and can't understand why they would go up in price. I tried to save the original SVT sill plates when installing but the glue was too much and they got majorly bent prying them out. No big deal.

As for the lighted sill plates for the KRs, last I heard was they didn't exist (yet), but that was when I bought these. Has anyone seen the lighted plates for KRs with CSM #?

If you own an 08 KR and you nor the original owner (if you're not) never picked up your GT500KR billet sill plates, SAI has them sitting in boxes on their shelves waiting to be bought. Each set has your CSM number stamped into them. I just picked mine up, what a nice surprise.

There were only made for the 08s.

$119.00 plus shipping.

Contact Brian Turner at SAI.

AK.

One of the first mods I did when I bought my KR 4 years ago...

A must add in my opinion

• 4 weeks later...

Great news. I will call tomorrow to see if my CSM # is in stock.

Installed yesterday. The fish line and blow dryer trick worked perfect. Thanks again AK for the heads up.

image.jpg

I got mine 4 years ago, but haven't installed them. I know a few people with 09s who bought them too. They are nice... A friend installed them and the key to getting the old sills off was with fishing line. It wouldn't bend them that way.

Yep, the fishing line worked great. I heated the SVT sill plate with a blow dryer and gradually worked the fishing line back and forth until I got to the end. I used goo gone to clean up the factory glue and placed the new sills in the opening. Took about 5 minutes for each side.

Archived