TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 gt 500 body damage

sorry to hear about this man, i know how you feel, my shelby got totaled 29 days after i got hit by a drunk driver, it has been replaced though, but anyways this would also be a good time to paint the bottom skirts, front spoiler,back valence, and mirrors though too. i plan on doing this as it makes the car look alot better.

I have bad days too.

Ask Pooper (SCGT500). I take it out on him. :happy feet:

Yup. There's bad days, then there are really bad days. Sometimes the bad days are put in perspective by the really bad days.

I'm starting to sound like snoop, talking in circles. :hysterical2:

I'd call this a bad day for his car...thank goodness no one was hurt. Hope they get it fixed like new.

Dave

Dear JBlackwood26,

This is my written sincere apology for my accusations & for being a nonbeliever of your story. From an outsider’s point of view, I took it the wrong way based on what little information was given & should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Had I realized that you were out of town several days when this happened & there was no way you could have been around, I would have never doubted your written word. Again please accept this as my sincere apology for doubting you. For what it’s worth, I hope the car gets repaired to your satisfaction as quickly as possible so you can start making more found memories to replace this bad one.

CWHR

Please except my apology as well, a friend of mine's kid took his vette for a distructive ride and sent it to the body shop and had it repaired before his dad got back in town. His dad smelled the fresh paint and questioned him and he denied it. Long story short he called the body shops and found out who fixed it and then beat his kids Ass. Sorrry to see your car get damaged I know I would be pissed. Thats the society we live in these days. Check the neibors cars for damage? Hope they do a nice job on it and welcome to the board.

Are they really going to remove and replace the rear fender/wheel well? That is part of the rear unibody structure. Pretty major surgery. I would be real torn on fix or replace on this repair as the r&R of the rear fender is going to cause other noticable effects that will point to the car having a major repair.

If they are removing it, can you get some pics while its off? My morbid curiosity I guess.

Bummer guy, hope it turns out for the best. No idea who did it? No security cameras around?

I will have more pics to post of the reconstruction tomorrow as well as finished pics as I am picking up the car tomorrow afternoon I specifically asked to have everything replaced and no repairs but not being that knowledgeable i am not sure on the back bumper so i am going to ask cuz now i am wonderig this whole process sucks cuz no matter what i still have a car that has been wrecked!!!!! The repair bill will be about 15k will post new pics tuesday night! here is a picture of the new rear bumper

Car still not done but here are some pictures of it closer to being done

post-8151-1180965294_thumb.jpg

post-8151-1180965475_thumb.jpg

post-8151-1181164093_thumb.jpg

post-8151-1181164102_thumb.jpg

It looks like they repaired and refinished that rear fender rather than cutting it off. While it is repaird, I still think its better than the damage done to remove it. DO NOT accpet the car for pick up until you are happy with every aspect of the repair. They have a bunch of $$ tied up in it right now and don't get paid til you are happy. They can be a great shop, but $15,000 is a good reason to fix stuff, agree or not.

Good luck guy.

Ouch, sorry to see that! :cry: This is exactly why my car is still in my dad's garage until I get one built! I went away for two weeks, something always happens when I'm gone from home, I get a call from the wife what happened, this time my van was hit in front of our house! Still waiting for the adjuster!! Not to take away from your pain, just to share what I would feel if it was my car and not the van, not that I'm happy my van was hit. It's like something is waiting for me to leave the house (gremlins or something) :devil2: Other incidents when I was gone that the wife called about; furnace, dogs biting neighbors dog, bike knocked over in driveway by who knows, truck mysteriously drifting out of driveway glanced off my dumptruck narrowly slipping between two trees and into neighbors house (somehow out of gear, emergency brake off and over a chalk block!) no one hurt. There are more, but that is my bad luck, of which I don't believe in, but wonder? So my car will never be parked on street, watch a tree will fall on the garage! :banghead: I will still drive it, just very careful about where it is parked.

ok so my luck continues the car was all back together the guy putting the clear 3m shield notices that the paint does not match the new parts have a different shade to them so now they called dupont who came out with a computer and ran some tests i dont know how it happened but dupont sent the wrong base. So now they have to dissasemble the car and repaint everything urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-8151-1181237373_thumb.jpg

post-8151-1181237394_thumb.jpg

ok so my luck continues the car was all back together the guy putting the clear 3m shield notices that the paint does not match the new parts have a different shade to them so now they called dupont who came out with a computer and ran some tests i dont know how it happened but dupont sent the wrong base. So now they have to dissasemble the car and repaint everything urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least the body shop sounds like they are attempting to do a good job. And you still have a Shelby which is more than a lot of people have. To top it off, CWHR seems to have taken to you. Now what else could you ask for being that you are still on the fresh meat list.

:hysterical:

Archived