TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installation Of Frpp Cai And Procal Ii

ZEROED

I purchased the FRPP CAI and ProCal II, and plan on installing the CAI and tune on my 2007 GT-500 this weekend. The directions for the CAI installation are striaght forward, but being somewhat technically challenged, the directions for installation of the ProCal II tune seem confusing in spots. Maybe I am making this harder than it is.

Does anyone have simpler instuctions or pictures on the tune installation? I have found good posts here on TS, but none have details on the tune part.

Thanks for the help.

I've only ever used an SCT unit, but you should be able to simply plug it into the OBD port under the dash by your left knee and then upload the tune to the computer. Most of these units will walk you through the process once plugged in. My SCT on both my Shelby and my old Excursion told me when to turn the key on, off, the progress, when it was saving the factory tune, etc... as I went along.

I purchased the FRPP CAI and ProCal II, and plan on installing the CAI and tune on my 2007 GT-500 this weekend. The directions for the CAI installation are striaght forward, but being somewhat technically challenged, the directions for installation of the ProCal II tune seem confusing in spots. Maybe I am making this harder than it is.

Does anyone have simpler instuctions or pictures on the tune installation? I have found good posts here on TS, but none have details on the tune part.

Thanks for the help.

Plug it into the DCL and read/follow the prompts on the screen. Yep, it's THAT easy.

I've *always* connected a battery charger prior to messing with my tune due to the horror stories I've heard from those that the batt. went below spec while tuning. You'll lose everything and it's a big deal to get it back. Real simple insurance, hooking up a batt. charger.

It warns you ahead of time (to have a FULL battery before tuning or changing parameters). I still use my procal to eliminate the vehicle speed limiter, by lying to my PCM about what gear ratio is in the car. With the stock 3.55 it limits the speed to 150 mph. I tell it I have 6.0 gears and I've been to 183 mph.

Phill

Archived