TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming To This Site Sure Has Lost It's Luster 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While some of us are traveling down memory lane from the college days, did anyone buy a fine bottle of MD 20-20 and listen to Iron Butterfly and Black Sabbath ?? GG

From what I remember, Boonsfarm Strawberry Wine was better than MD 20/20 ............................. :headspin:

Wow - Oh Yea, now I remember that one too, A fine bottle of wine and perfect for putting candles in after finishing it off.

:poke: GG

Boons farm - OMG that was back in the 70's - had the funny bottle shape. We used to take our Stangs down south to Whittier to some of the first Mustang shows and get that stuff. That stuff is really "old school" - even before "Bartel and James".

Boons farm - OMG that was back in the 70's - had the funny bottle shape. We used to take our Stangs down south to Whittier to some of the first Mustang shows and get that stuff. That stuff is really "old school" - even before "Bartel and James".

LOL! I used BoonsFarm as a persuader for my first.... :spiteful:

• 3 weeks later...

At this point the only interesting thread is the Girls and Mustangs thread that is 5 years old and is starting to repeat the same hot girls. The folks at SAI need to do something to garner some interest. Release some interesting products for the 2014 and earlier crowd. I know all the focus was on the move, then the 50th anniversary, now the pending new body style. But a huge portion of your following is starting to lose interest because there is nothing exciting. Whether you were a Jer fan or not, he kept things interesting by throwing things out there - hints etc to spur on discussion, input etc. Just a thought. A picture of a quarter panel here, a new wheel or just a really fat tire there ... keep the people engaged.

We are making some fundamental changes to how we develop great products at Shelby. This type of change takes time, even at a small and dynamic company like SAI. The results of this new focused design and R&D effort both for the '15 Shelby Mustang as well as for the '05-'14 cars, will be well worth the wait.

A hydro-dipped piece of plastic doesn't make me or you excited. But functional carbon fiber parts, light weight wheels and other exclusive hi-tech parts (developed in house) that make your Shelby faster and lighter, are worth our effort and your patience.

When I came back to Shelby, we started with a blank sheet of paper for the '15 Shelby Mustang. All I can say at this time that it's coming along really nicely! And some of the new parts we are developing for that car will be offered for the '05-'14 Mustangs as well.

AJ

We are making some fundamental changes to how we develop great products at Shelby. This type of change takes time, even at a small and dynamic company like SAI. The results of this new focused design and R&D effort both for the '15 Shelby Mustang as well as for the '05-'14 cars, will be well worth the wait.

A hydro-dipped piece of plastic doesn't make me or you excited. But functional carbon fiber parts, light weight wheels and other exclusive hi-tech parts (developed in house) that make your Shelby faster and lighter, are worth our effort and your patience.

When I came back to Shelby, we started with a blank sheet of paper for the '15 Shelby Mustang. All I can say at this time that it's coming along really nicely! And some of the new parts we are developing for that car will be offered for the '05-'14 Mustangs as well.

AJ

You had me at Carbon Fiber! :dance:

Dude, your a troll. I know the truth can be a difficult thing to swallow but you should just accept it. If you like the other sites so much more,...... go there, live there and enjoy it. I like Team Shelby Troll Free.

QSS

So, he's a troll because he voiced his opinion, lmao are you serious. The dude is right not much changed on here in a long time because there is too much Mod intervention. If you don't like it then don't read it, but he's a troll according to you

At this point the only interesting thread is the Girls and Mustangs thread that is 5 years old and is starting to repeat the same hot girls. The folks at SAI need to do something to garner some interest. Release some interesting products for the 2014 and earlier crowd. I know all the focus was on the move, then the 50th anniversary, now the pending new body style. But a huge portion of your following is starting to lose interest because there is nothing exciting. Whether you were a Jer fan or not, he kept things interesting by throwing things out there - hints etc to spur on discussion, input etc. Just a thought. A picture of a quarter panel here, a new wheel or just a really fat tire there ... keep the people engaged.

I disagree about your point that "The folks at SAI need to do something to garner more interest"

While they may own the site, the site was created (by Robert Lane, stangsunleashed, of which I was a member, and joined TS the first day it came into existence) as an enthusiast site (as are 99.9% of forums) for people to share and interact.

As I stated previously in another reply, the groundswell of excitement is not there anymore as these cars have now been around for 7+ years, and as such, everything that can be done (mod wise) has been done.

Rewind back to 2006/2007, the name SHELBY was coming back and it consumed us...now, whats left, but cars shows, rallys, cruises etc...I'm not saying thats bad, it just is, what it is.

SAI needs to focus on products, and building cars, not generating forum traffic, especially when half the users aren't even paid Team Shelby members (this is a FREE forum).

Perhaps SAI should only allow access to fully paid members ...that'll get 'em taking...lol

I for one would love to see some rear functioning brake duct kits for the 2007-2015 cars. Carbon fiber yumm.

I love this site, I just think we should all get together more than a couple times a year! I think meeting on each month or every other month would be cool. Help each other out on mods ect. I know I for one would be happy to help turn some wrench's. Let's face it, when you are installing roll bars or big items you really need at least 2 people. Yeah, I'm a gear head.

Mark

As I stated previously in another reply, the groundswell of excitement is not there anymore as these cars have now been around for 7+ years, and as such, everything that can be done (mod wise) has been done.

Rewind back to 2006/2007, the name SHELBY was coming back and it consumed us...now, whats left, but cars shows, rallys, cruises etc...I'm not saying thats bad, it just is, what it is.

SAI needs to focus on products, and building cars, not generating forum traffic, especially when half the users aren't even paid Team Shelby members (this is a FREE forum).

This!

QSS

I, for one, really appreciate this site and all the information that can be found here. I also really like hearing from all the folks in different parts of the country and the experiences they have.

The site also gives people a chance to interact with others for ideas, problems they are having, and information on events that are held in different places that otherwise would not be available.

I agree with the folks that said if you don't like it then don't come here! :)

I, for one, really appreciate this site and all the information that can be found here. I also really like hearing from all the folks in different parts of the country and the experiences they have.

The site also gives people a chance to interact with others for ideas, problems they are having, and information on events that are held in different places that otherwise would not be available.

I agree with the folks that said if you don't like it then don't come here! :)

This too!

BB

Archived