TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18" Wheels On Supersnake?

Have used 18" Forgelines & 17" Bogarts on my GO SS with front/rear Big Brakes (Shelby Extreme). Ditto 500SS- inner balancing weights need to be inward toward the car.

Can anyone tell me if 18" wheels will fit over the brakes on a 2011 supersnake? I have the big brakes front and rear.

Reason being, there are a lot more high performance/race tyres available in 18" size.

I have 18" Alcoa KR wheels on my 2010 GT500 and have the Shelby (Baer) big brakes front and rear. I had to trim the tips of the 4 bolts that attach the calipers to the brackets on the rear brakes but it was a easy mod and that allowed the brakes to clear the wheels.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I have 18" Alcoa KR wheels on my 2010 GT500 and have the Shelby (Baer) big brakes front and rear. I had to trim the tips of the 4 bolts that attach the calipers to the brackets on the rear brakes but it was a easy mod and that allowed the brakes to clear the wheels.

Phill

Any chance you can post some photo's up? What size tyres are you running front & rear?

Any chance you can post some photo's up? What size tyres are you running front & rear?

Let me see if I have any pics handy. I thought I had a few in my profile thingy. I'm running the stock KR "Winged Boot" tires, uhhhhhh.....Shoot, I can't remember what size they are. I'll check in awhile and post the sizes.

Phill

Shelby say that 18's won't clear and its too much money for me to buy something that doesn't work.

Would appreciate any advice.

The link below shows a 725 Super Snake with the oem 18" wheels installed at the drag strip..............

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/27944-super-snake-drag-racing/?hl=jas427&do=findComment&comment=422151

The big Baer 6 piston front calipers are shown behind the 18" oem GT500 front wheel at approx. the 36 second point.

The reason why the 2013/14 GT500 requires a 19" wheel is because they have 15" front rotors. The Baer Extreme's installed on the Super Snake are 14" diameter, I believe the Wilwoods are also 14".

If you do the Baer Extreme 15" upgrade shown in the link below..............then the 18" wheels will no longer fit.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85960-baer-extreme-front-upgrade-14-to-15/

R

• 2 weeks later...

Archived