TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She's arrived and she's AWESOME!!

HotLap

My 2007 GT500 convertible in Vista Blue with black cloth top has arrived!! I was on "arrival watch" this week and my dealer called around 2:00PM Tuesday afternoon saying it had arrived!! I packed a bag and headed out for the 2 1/2 hour drive to the dealership. Was kind of a sad drive saying goodby to my '07 GT/CS vert (also in vista blue w/ only 5K miles) but I know something greater lay waiting for me!! upon arrival, the entire dealership was abuzz with the excitement of the Shelby as this was only their second of a total of 3 they got for 2007. They originally were allocated only one - but due to their exceptional Mustang sales record (one of the top "Tier Two" Mustang dealers), Ford called and gave them the option to order two more. Long story, but Ford's call was in early Oct. of '06 about a week after I had picked up my '07 GT/CS and my buddy ordered the same color combo/vert...quite the coincedence - don't you think :yup: . Anyway, I couldn't have been happier when he called me in early April to tell me that "your Shelby is on the way" :yahoo::yahoo: . Back to present, the Shelby was beautiful sitting there in the showroom floor and to be quite honest I was numb with excitement taking delivery of this legendary car!! The internet parts guy (supplies discounted Ford OEM parts for the TMS forum) and I went for test ride. First impressions, (using my '07 GT/CS in comparison), were that there is more weight up front, and the SC whine is absolutely, hands down, the coolest thing I have EVER had the privledge to drive. I also noticed this car is completely different than the GT/CS and I'm going to have to take it easy until I get the feel for the handling, braking, etc. I will attempt to post some of the arrival pics below (more to come, as I took shots myself too). Anyway, after finishing up the paperwork I headed out to stay the night at my sister and brother-in-laws place. Driving across the Central Valley with the Sirius blasting with the top down was almost surreal...surrounded by green growing crops at dusk with no other cars in sight...felt as if I could have kept that Shelby going all night. Arrived in Bakersfield to be met by half my sister's neighborhood!! Seems nothing brings out folks like that name SHELBY. :happy feet: :happy feet: . After multiple rides and much discussion we ended up BBQ'ing and burning the food as we couldn't stay out of the garage and away from the Shelby. Had a great trip home the next morning....car enthuisiasts were giving me the nod/thumbs up all the way home. Well, that's my story so far and I'll post more as I begin the fun and "challenging" journey of getting to know this awesome machine better.

I want to thank everyone who put up with me during the loooong wait - but it surely was worth it!! Grabber, thanks for the many updates along the way and tell birdie "hun" that I appreciate her help as well (oh, the featherlax did come off the trunk too) :hysterical2:

Now, I AM GOING SHELBYING

post-3501-1180627900_thumb.jpg

post-3501-1180627900_thumb.jpg

Very nice! Love the color- Congratulations!!! :D

Thanks secondo - was trying to attach another pic - but can't get it to take. This is one fun car for sure :happy feet:

That Vista Blue sure is sharp. I was was back/forth myself with Vista Blue, Alloy, Tungsten and Black - and you see the end result. Though Black is always safe - any car looks good with Black. The real kick is - these retro Mustangs look good in any color. Not many cars do.

Good luck with her. Learn to drive it in stages...

:happy feet: :happy feet: :banana piano:

Congrats Hot Lap.

Your car looks really cool. The black top is awsome with the Vista blue. I would love to ride in a vert to listen to the exhaust system under heavy acceleration.

I know you are glad the wait is over.

Looking foreward to various pics.

My 2007 GT500 convertible in Vista Blue with black cloth top has arrived!! I was on "arrival watch" this week and my dealer called around 2:00PM Tuesday afternoon saying it had arrived!! I packed a bag and headed out for the 2 1/2 hour drive to the dealership. Was kind of a sad drive saying goodby to my '07 GT/CS vert (also in vista blue w/ only 5K miles) but I know something greater lay waiting for me!! upon arrival, the entire dealership was abuzz with the excitement of the Shelby as this was only their second of a total of 3 they got for 2007. They originally were allocated only one - but due to their exceptional Mustang sales record (one of the top "Tier Two" Mustang dealers), Ford called and gave them the option to order two more. Long story, but Ford's call was in early Oct. of '06 about a week after I had picked up my '07 GT/CS and my buddy ordered the same color combo/vert...quite the coincedence - don't you think :yup: . Anyway, I couldn't have been happier when he called me in early April to tell me that "your Shelby is on the way" :yahoo::yahoo: . Back to present, the Shelby was beautiful sitting there in the showroom floor and to be quite honest I was numb with excitement taking delivery of this legendary car!! The internet parts guy (supplies discounted Ford OEM parts for the TMS forum) and I went for test ride. First impressions, (using my '07 GT/CS in comparison), were that there is more weight up front, and the SC whine is absolutely, hands down, the coolest thing I have EVER had the privledge to drive. I also noticed this car is completely different than the GT/CS and I'm going to have to take it easy until I get the feel for the handling, braking, etc. I will attempt to post some of the arrival pics below (more to come, as I took shots myself too). Anyway, after finishing up the paperwork I headed out to stay the night at my sister and brother-in-laws place. Driving across the Central Valley with the Sirius blasting with the top down was almost surreal...surrounded by green growing crops at dusk with no other cars in sight...felt as if I could have kept that Shelby going all night. Arrived in Bakersfield to be met by half my sister's neighborhood!! Seems nothing brings out folks like that name SHELBY. :happy feet: :happy feet: . After multiple rides and much discussion we ended up BBQ'ing and burning the food as we couldn't stay out of the garage and away from the Shelby. Had a great trip home the next morning....car enthuisiasts were giving me the nod/thumbs up all the way home. Well, that's my story so far and I'll post more as I begin the fun and "challenging" journey of getting to know this awesome machine better.

I want to thank everyone who put up with me during the loooong wait - but it surely was worth it!! Grabber, thanks for the many updates along the way and tell birdie "hun" that I appreciate her help as well (oh, the featherlax did come off the trunk too) :hysterical2:

way to go....yours is a cool story.

i just got my blue/white also....so much fun to drive

have fun

:happy feet: :happy feet: :banana piano:

I would love to ride in a vert to listen to the exhaust system under heavy acceleration.

Hitman - the best is under an overpass or in a tunnel - talk about surround sound...

You got that right!

There are 2 tunnel systems here in Mobile. The I-10 Wallace tunnel is the best. I go out and make the clover exits and reenter over and over.

Hot lap - We are WAITING!

Congrats!! I just noticed how cool the whine sounded yesterday as I cruised through a parking structure.

Here's another pic - if I can get it to upload...hmm... :headscratch: I'm having issues trying to upload pics...Grabber are you out there?

thx :drool:

HotLap - are the pics you're trying to upload greater than 2Mb in size? They may be the reason they won't upload...

Keith

Well here we go again...post-3501-1181232520_thumb.jpg Whoo Hoo!! It posted this time :banana piano: :happy feet: :happy feet: I'm so excited I'm going to try another one :hysterical:

Oh, can anyone with PhotoShop experience please edit out the block walls in the background....wouldn't want RUF to have any accidents :hysterical2:

post-3501-1181232520_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a pretty car. I haven't seen a vista blue vert before, looks good. What part of SoCal you in? I'm from Whittier.

Sherri - thank you for the compliment!! I live in the South Central Simi Valley hills area - just moved here from 1000 Oaks several months ago.

Archived