TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebola Virus

In which of these other sicknesses / concerns is the death rate 7 out of 10?

I never was very good at math but:

The Ebola outbreak in West Africa – the largest in the 40-year history of the virus – has infected 7,178 and killed 3,338, according to the World Health Organization.

That seems like 46% ..........and that in a 3rd world country with limited healthcare resources :headscratch:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never was very good at math but:

That seems like 46% ..........and that in a 3rd world country with limited healthcare resources :headscratch:

Based on that one article you are correct, however, that is based on known / documented cases. There is plenty of information / other articles out there which suggest the death rate is at least 70%...or higher.

Although, I wonder which of the USA Today illnesses / concerns has a death rate of 46%?

Based on that one article you are correct, however, that is based on known / documented cases. There is plenty of information / other articles out there which suggest the death rate is at least 70%...or higher.

Although, I wonder which of the USA Today illnesses / concerns has a death rate of 46%?

I just wonder how much of the information being disseminated by the media is based more on fear mongering then actual fact. It certainly seems to be more what they’re interested in these days.

NOW, the Texas Guy may have been in contact with up to 80 People.....................

https://gma.yahoo.com/ebola-patients-texas-contacts-zoom-80-authorities-121949555--abc-news-topstories.html

And this does NOT include all the People at the Airports around him or on the Planes with him, etc, etc, etc..........

I just wonder how much of the information being disseminated by the media is based more on fear mongering then actual fact. It certainly seems to be more what they’re interested in these days.

Yeah, you have to take that into consideration as well...but in that regard, while this was obviously an extremely serious and urgent situation in west Africa the media was ignoring it and continuing to focus on other critical things like the lives of certain politicians and celebrities. Now that its suddenly in the USA they are paying attention.

NOW, the Texas Guy may have been in contact with up to 80 People.....................

https://gma.yahoo.com/ebola-patients-texas-contacts-zoom-80-authorities-121949555--abc-news-topstories.html

And this does NOT include all the People at the Airports around him or on the Planes with him, etc, etc, etc..........

You should have waited 10 more mins before posting....now its over 100....but I don't know why the "experts" are so concerned if its so hard to get...

You should have waited 10 more mins before posting....now its over 100....but I don't know why the "experts" are so concerned if its so hard to get...

Bingo!!!! because they really don't know their all over the map with this thing..one will say there's nothing to worry about then the other contradicts that by saying it's serious

well IMO I think they better take this serious and if scarring people into NOT going to high risk places and getting prepared then so be it...I still can't get over the two people I know

that are going over there at the end of this month to do humanitarian work...they should NOT be allowed to go over there period!!

Bingo!!!! because they really don't know their all over the map with this thing..one will say there's nothing to worry about then the other contradicts that by saying it's serious

well IMO I think they better take this serious and if scarring people into NOT going to high risk places and getting prepared then so be it...I still can't get over the two people I know

that are going over there at the end of this month to do humanitarian work...they should NOT be allowed to go over there period!!

Not only that, svtkeith, there are 13,500 people in those west African countries with visas / passports who can easily and inconsiderately run to the USA like this Dallas guy did - those visas should be voided immediately until further notice. Why isn't our Gov't getting this done??

This is all planned , its the great culling. Rockefellas think there are too many of us consuming their resources. Why do you think they are still allowing flights to go back and fourth to the hot zone. :hide:

You watch'n Zeitgeist tonight?

:lurk:

Not only that, svtkeith, there are 13,500 people in those west African countries with visas / passports who can easily and inconsiderately run to the USA like this Dallas guy did - those visas should be voided immediately until further notice. Why isn't our Gov't getting this done??

why isn't our government getting this done?? Well, who is president. Who has overseen the Secret Service debacle, the VA Hospital debacle, Fast and Furious, the mass illegal immigration of children across the southern border, who was responsible for Benghazi, who said al - Qaeda was decimated and ISIS was just the JV team. Who has overseen the weakest economic recovery in the history of this country. Oh, that's right..................................it's Bush's fault, again.

Damn, turns out AIDS also came from the same place - Africa and bush meat!! The obvious answer is to stop all travelers / immigration from those areas into other countries until its under control at the source. Thanks Bush!

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-29442642?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Keep the following quotes in your minds when you read this article:

White House - "We will stop this virus in its tracks"

CDC - "We have been preparing for this for months"

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/us/dallas-ebola-case-thomas-duncan-contacts.html?_r=1

• Start with the headline picture - the two guys leaving the apartment - completely unprotected....
  • The hazardous waste at the apartment and the hospital...they don't know what to do with it.
  • The apartment cleanup - they've had trouble finding someone to do it.
  • The orders were hand delivered to the apartment occupants - by Sheriff & assist. w/ no protection (saw this in another article)...those guys are now quarantined.

I agree totally their visas should be revoked till this is taken care of...Don't for the life of me understand WHY they the Gov't are NOT involved yet.

This is all scary stuff and I'm not surprised how easily it comes in. Answer "no" to a few questions and they'll let anyone on a plane from Africa......citizen or not.

Pretty crazy stuff and don't understand that at all.

Howard University Hospital confirms it is treating a patient displaying symptoms 'associated' with Ebola following travel to Nigeria, is coordinating response with CDC - @NBCNews

Howard University Hospital confirms it is treating a patient displaying symptoms 'associated' with Ebola following travel to Nigeria, is coordinating response with CDC - @NBCNews

Oh no, the CDC has YET to tell the Truth about any of this.

Oh no, the CDC has YET to tell the Truth about any of this.

Gentlemen...lets all be calm and relax. There is no longer any need for concern.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/219757-white-house-says-it-has-ebola-virus-under-control

Gentlemen...lets all be calm and relax. There is no longer any need for concern.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/219757-white-house-says-it-has-ebola-virus-under-control

The faces on the 5 people in that Photo tells the REAL Story...........They do NOT believe it.

Under Bush there were contingency plans to cut off travel from West African countries. The Nobama administration deleted those plans. The man is in far over his head and is just incompetent. He probably can't wait until 2016 so he can get out and blame it on Bush (again) and whomever succeeds him.

The faces on the 5 people in that Photo tells the REAL Story...........They do NOT believe it.

What I find odd is this quote - “We know how to do this, and we will do it again,” Lisa Monaco, assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, said at a press briefing."

She says we will do it again. What did they already do?

Just heard on the news here a man that just came back from West Africa has been hospitalized with symptoms similar to Ebola....WHY are these people allowed to travel back and forth

to these high risk areas? damn are they that freaking stupid!!

Just heard on the news here a man that just came back from West Africa has been hospitalized with symptoms similar to Ebola....WHY are these people allowed to travel back and forth

to these high risk areas? damn are they that freaking stupid!!

Be assured we have it under control when you comeback they ask you a few questions & if you answer NO to them your allowed to enter . How stupid can we be , if you leave to go there you shouldn`t be allowed back. Until this is under control ,your not allowed in this country simple as that.

How does ebola spread; how contagious is it? Pretty much just like the flu or common cold.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/us/understanding-the-risks-of-ebola-and-what-direct-contact-means.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Be assured we have it under control when you comeback they ask you a few questions & if you answer NO to them your allowed to enter . How stupid can we be , if you leave to go there you shouldn`t be allowed back. Until this is under control ,your not allowed in this country simple as that.

I agree if you chose to go to a high risk Country you should have to stay there till this is under total control.

Archived