TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ebola Virus

Scary stuff to say the least...

http://www.infowars.com/alert-delivered-by-airplane-ebola-now-threatens-21-million-people-in-major-metro-area/

An American doctor in Africa now has this virus...and his family has possibly traveled back to the US (Dallas/Ft. Worth)... It takes several days before someone showing symptoms can be verified positive or not.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this on FOX news.

It's just a matter of time before some kind of disease hits pandemic status. That is just a byproduct of our shrinking world.

Exactly!! it will eventually happen it's a matter of time.

Just saw this on FOX news.

It's just a matter of time before some kind of disease hits pandemic status. That is just a byproduct of our shrinking world.

Exactly!! it will eventually happen it's a matter of time.

Scary stuff.

I hate to fly for many reasons and I really don't like to travel places I can't drive too. I miss out on a lot of what the world's cultures have to offer, but, it seems no place is safe anymore from either war, disease, or idiotic shootings. Count your blessings everyday you rise in the morning and be thankful every night you survived another day.

I hate to fly for many reasons and I really don't like to travel places I can't drive too. I miss out on a lot of what the world's cultures have to offer, but, it seems no place is safe anymore from either war, disease, or idiotic shootings. Count your blessings everyday you rise in the morning and be thankful every night you survived another day.

SO TRUE. As far as World Cultures go, I don't really care what other Countries are doing.

Yeah the world is changing and not for the good for sure.

That Sir is one sexy engine bay...... :worship:

Yeah the world is changing and not for the good for sure.

That Sir is one sexy engine bay...... :worship:

I thought the same thing......very cool look under the hood.

This is nothing to take lightly.

So true. Marji and I traveled to Israel a few years ago and nobody was allowed past the airport checkpoint before a quick exam. If you had a high temp or fever they turned you back.

This is what scares ME............. Reporters telling two different Stories in one............... like this one.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/28/ebola-potential-to-spread/13267909/

This is Quoted in this Story...........

"Yet while Ebola is a fearsome disease, the virus "would not pose a major public health risk" in the USA, Osterholm says."

This is what scares ME............. Reporters telling two different Stories in one............... like this one.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/28/ebola-potential-to-spread/13267909/

"Yet while Ebola is a fearsome disease, the virus "would not pose a major public health risk" in the USA, Osterholm says."

Yeah really what's up with that?..unless he just don't want to start a Nation wide panic but IMO if people were a little more scared maybe they wouldn't fly to these high risk Countries

Right - until they start bringing the people with the disease here ! Ohhh - that's right -they ARE BRINGING the disease here - starting with Atlanta and one is in Tennessee! Just couldn't leave those people who have contracted it there (halfway around the world) and try to contain it. Unfrickin' believable !

Ok, everyone is watching a little too much Fox news. 1. Mortality rate for ebola is 70 to 75%. Not good, but it can be survivable. 2. Ebola is transferred via bodily fluids, it is not airborne. Lastly, if this was your wife, daughter, son or father, would you not want to have them in the US?

:hide:

Mark

Our leaders have no problem sending our troops over to other countries to fight the battles of other countries so why not send the medical corps and equipment to another country to aid in resolving a medical dilemma in their country. Why open the door of opportunity to spread a virus? Wasn't the Peace Corps a good idea - ya know - send volunteers and equipment to foreign land to aid those in need on finding a solution to their problems ? JMO

Hmm seems to me that an outbreak of a disease with zero survivors would get the attention of someone. Anyone watching "the last ship"?

Tony... Not trying to minimize the dangers of this virus, but... In yesterday's WSJ a story claimed that of the 1,323 reported cases there were 729 deaths. So there are survivors. 55% fatality rate sure does stink.

it seems in this day and time there are 2 kinds of people .people living in fear and people living in greed.

:headscratch:

I disagree...

If you have faith. It is likely you fear little. If you are humble and not self-centered you give more than you take. This sounds like the people I hang around.

Let's face it guys...the public is not being told the complete truth about what's going on with this virus. We only get tidbits of controlled news these days. Bear in mind that the figures you see regarding survival rate are only based on known and reported cases. On that basis you might say, ok, maybe its better than has been reported but. But I strongly suspect its the opposite.

Let's face it guys...the public is not being told the complete truth about what's going on with this virus. We only get tidbits of controlled news these days. Bear in mind that the figures you see regarding survival rate are only based on known and reported cases. On that basis you might say, ok, maybe its better than has been reported but. But I strongly suspect its the opposite.

Exactly!!

Archived