TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The person looking to buy also posted.....

"This car also has a salvage title from hurricane Irene. Flood car. No damage to car, other than a few scratches, These insurance people should be hung!!
But hard 2 determine the value, 5000mi, "

Well he just cleared it up! Mind blower for a bit there :-(

Slow down, I said this is the auction add from b4 the storm!!!!

It is a mistake that it is still on there.

I called the guy in the add, and he told me the car was gone, it is gone due to the storm,

I have now come upon it. And found this while researching it,

Well he just cleared it up! Mind blower for a bit there :-(

Slow down, I said this is the auction add from b4 the storm!!!!

It is a mistake that it is still on there.

I called the guy in the add, and he told me the car was gone, it is gone due to the storm,

I have now come upon it. And found this while researching it,

Well I'm still somewhat confused. The OP on the other site starts that thread saying he's been offered the car and was told to make an offer, which I assume prompted the starting of that thread asking what a 40th is worth, now he comes back a day later saying that he just called the seller and that the car has been gone for months.

So then who offered him the car and who asked him to make an offer?

Steve

Haven't figured that out. The old ad was I guess original 40th owner Todd putting it out there sometime for whatever. This is why the guy called him. I think when Todd lost it in Irene, he had to let it go with everything in tact. Maybe insurance was kind to him and let him have something from it?

Haven't figured that out. The old ad was I guess original 40th owner Todd putting it out there sometime for whatever. This is why the guy called him. I think when Todd lost it in Irene, he had to let it go with everything in tact. Maybe insurance was kind to him and let him have something from it?

I could be wrong but didn't Todd sell parts off the car after the Irene damage? I seem to recall a thread here on TS where he was offering parts off of it.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Archived