TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07Sgt1197 White Shelby Gt Netherlands, Hi :)

Jiggy

Hello International Shelby fans,

my name is Arno, I am 34 years old, and I live in the Netherlands. Ever since i was a kid I dreamed of a nice Mustang, it's my fav car of all time, it just has something that pulls me towards it. I especially like the older models, however next to some oil changing and basic bolting on/off skills, I have limited car knowledge (nor any interest in spending alot of time under the hood, I just want to drive :) ), so soon I realised I should aim for something a bit more modern, to limit needed maintenance/repairs as I have to let others do it for me.

I never got around really buying one though, these cars are quite rare here (a normal mustang already is rare actually) and expensive, our gas prices are mile high, and as a daily driver this is has never been a smart choice for me. My wife of course thinks of it as a Big Boy Toy and has 1001 better idea's to do with this kind of money.

So for years, while saving up, I have been reading, browsing forums, looking for options to obtain a car that I want.

The only option seemed importing one from the states, which I was quite hesitant for as I would like to see, touch and drive before I buy something. There aren't alot of Mustangs around here, let alone a little more special models like a Shelby GT's. In general an American car is already quite special here :)

I decided I want a white one, as stock as possible. But I never took the step to put it all through and import one. A few months ago, one popped up for sale here. I jumped on it, it was perfect, as soon as I saw the pictures I knew this should be mine.

So I bought it, and I will never forget the day I first entered the car and drove it away for my 100 mile trip to home. Needless to say this trip took 5 hours, because when I was close to home, I just wanted to keep driving it :)

Ever since, every time I enter the car and turn the ignition, I get a smile on my face which doesn't come off untill I park it again. It's not my daily, I only drive it when the sun shines, in the weekends or evenings.
I treasure and give love to it daily though.

So here it is, my SGT1197. There are many more like it, but this one's mine :)

I have just discovered this forum, which made me smile :) I do not visit forums alot, I only participate in a dutch Mustang forum (DMFF) with other lovely Ford & Mustang owners, and now here.

I am currently just reading alot about some future mods i'd like to though, mainly engine related, as I quite like the stock look of the car and would want to keep it as original as possible. I have alot of questions which I hope I can find answers to on this forum, or be able to ask for advice.

The car is in stock condition, only mod I have done is adding a cobra logo to the grille as a tribute to Shelby.

ibez3ID7giKXYN.jpg
ioCD7VJg8X4Ru.jpg
inmlHZFC8Daye.jpg
ikuaYkBT6PM3x.jpg
iLUAeyuQzKzU5.jpg
ibvG6SUndElCFf.jpg
ib2SEsvnE5RoV.jpg
ibzU4It282I5l.jpg
So, nice to meet you!

Welcome Arno! We have something in common. I owned a white/silver SGT like yours (#3835) and work for a Dutch company in Lisse. Next time I am in Holland, I will PM you to see if we can get together over a cold Heineken! Enjoy your car.

Welcome and what a nice looking Shelby! I spotted some nice appearance modifications too --- antenna, some nice interior items too(cup-holder trim, radio button, and something in the 12V power plug.....

I bet there are very few Shelby GT's over in the Netherlands.....congrats and welcome.

Welcome.....

I can tell from the pictures you posted, it appears to have the original hood scoop!

I hope it does ^^

Is that a good or a bad thing (can't really say it fits well on the hood which random spacing between the hood itself all around)?

I already accepted the fact it's non functional, although I don't really like that, it's like I riveted it on myself like some wannabee.

I hope it does ^^

Is that a good or a bad thing (can't really say it fits well on the hood which random spacing between the hood itself all around)?

I already accepted the fact it's non functional, although I don't really like that, it's like I riveted it on myself like some wannabee.

Everything you'll ever want to know about the SGT hood scoop saga can be found here;

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/31128-the-hood-scoop-thread/

Make sure you have plenty of time and drink a lot of coffee!

One other side note, the GT500 rear spoiler was not an option on the SGT, the one on your car was added by one of the previous owners.

Welcome! White Shelby's are awesome :-). Are you near Almere? My friends live there and they have a couple of Shelbys.

I would think that he probably knows Patrick and Astrid since they are so active with Team Mustang Center Netherlands and the Dutch Mustang Club?

Archived