TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming To This Site Sure Has Lost Is Luster.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I bought my car this year, why would I join a forum for a car I don't own before that? Do you think you've earned some sort of additional respect from me just because you signed up for a website before me? Your annoying use of emoticons bothers me as well, reminds me of stuff I see from my 10 year old nephew on Facebook. Don't you have some flannel shirts to clean and some maple syrup to purify?

Ken is one of the most respected guys on this forum and it sure looks to me like you're the one with the attitude bud...if you don't like his emoticons don't respond to his posts

and your dig with the flannel shirts and maple syrup comment is a shot at him being Canadian that bud is childish of you..maybe if you were to meet a few of us Canadians in person

and not on a keyboard I'd bet you'd chose a slightly different approach..EH???..... :violin::nonono::yup::confused:

There can be only one Z-man.....which is lucky for everyone else.

Z-man

(member of the "Larger Sig Them Some Might Like" club)

Well played! :clapping:

Ken is one of the most respected guys on this forum and it sure looks to me like you're the one with the attitude bud...if you don't like his emoticons don't respond to his posts

and your dig with the flannel shirts and maple syrup comment is a shot at him being Canadian that bud is childish of you..maybe if you were to meet a few of us Canadians in person

and not on a keyboard I'd bet you'd chose a slightly different approach..EH???..... :violin::nonono::yup::confused:

:victory:

I whole heartedly agree and I think someone needs to read an important letter..... and no I don't mean Keith either! I think Keith stated his point very professionally.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83144-an-open-letter-from-shelby-american-to-all-team-shelby-users/

I happened to be lucky enuf to live in Ontario Canada for two years, as an American born citizen.

I would NOT TRADE THE EXPERIENCE for anything!

We are getting waaaay off topic here, but this issue has come to pass... I just wanted to chime in on it.

Canadians are the most prideful and friendly folks I've ever had the luxury of meeting!

If kstrong has made you angry, try and keep the topic in perspective and leave nationality out of it bud. :thumbsup:

I do have attitude, I've always had some. I may be new to this site and these cars, but I've been around internet forums in every facet since 1999 and I've never seen a site, other than one other GT500 forum I joined this year, where signature sizes are so big so I made a statement about it.

Perhaps my comments about his Canadian lineage were childish, I'm not going to be the first or last on this site to be accused of that I'm sure. I actually have a number of good Canadian friends and I make sterotypical generalizations with them the same way they do with me.

Don't give me the "keyboard warrior" mess. If you're being antagonistic or just plain wrong, then I have no problem telling it to anyone's face in person or online. I mean I'm not going to punch someone because their internet signature is too big for god's sake, but it won't stop me from telling them that I'm tired of their 900 pixel tall signature taking up the entirety of my little 1600x900 max monitors at work.

In the end he cut his signature size in half after my post so I take this as a victory in my department. You are free to view it however you'd like.

Thanks Keith, Dan, Doug and BB.

. Been a rough couple weeks. Then this BS.

Thanks again.

:airquote: Santa :airquote:

:grouphug:

I happened to be lucky enuf to live in Ontario Canada for two years, as an American born citizen.

I would NOT TRADE THE EXPERIENCE for anything!

We are getting waaaay off topic here, but this issue has come to pass... I just wanted to chime in on it.

Canadians are the most prideful and friendly folks I've ever had the luxury of meeting!

If kstrong has made you angry, try and keep the topic in perspective and leave nationality out of it bud. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more.

Wow that brings back memories. I'd all but forgotten the separate forums and the merger with Stangs Unleashed. Some of us had two IDs for a while. There may even be some "_merged" IDs laying around.

.....two IDs...imagine that....who would've thought.......LOL

the back and forth fun in the old days really was enjoyable until a few took things too too seriously.

I do have attitude, I've always had some. I may be new to this site and these cars, but I've been around internet forums in every facet since 1999 and I've never seen a site, other than one other GT500 forum I joined this year, where signature sizes are so big so I made a statement about it.

Perhaps my comments about his Canadian lineage were childish, I'm not going to be the first or last on this site to be accused of that I'm sure. I actually have a number of good Canadian friends and I make sterotypical generalizations with them the same way they do with me.

Don't give me the "keyboard warrior" mess. If you're being antagonistic or just plain wrong, then I have no problem telling it to anyone's face in person or online. I mean I'm not going to punch someone because their internet signature is too big for god's sake, but it won't stop me from telling them that I'm tired of their 900 pixel tall signature taking up the entirety of my little 1600x900 max monitors at work.

In the end he cut his signature size in half after my post so I take this as a victory in my department. You are free to view it however you'd like.

You insulted me and my Country. I let it slide the first time. You don't like large sig pics. Get over it.

Insult me to my face and you'll find out just how Angry I can get. This concussion has left me with very little tolerance for rude disrespectful individuals.

You don't like emoticons, then how about Folk You, is that a victory for you? :salute:

You did nor scare me, I just used a different pic this time. Thanks to you I might even add a few more. Maybe post on every post you make.

You bigget problem is sig pics while you are surfing at work. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

Nice new pic Ken, but I liked the P51 shot you had better! I'm trying to track down this one again to get a photo with my Shelby:

Let's play nice fellas.... its all good and no need to get into a pissing match over something as trivial as signature pics.inquisition.gifdancingsuperheros.gif

You insulted me and my Country. I let it slide the first time. You don't like large sig pics. Get over it.

Insult me to my face and you'll find out just how Angry I can get. This concussion has left me with very little tolerance for rude disrespectful individuals.

You don't like emoticons, then how about Folk You, is that a victory for you? :salute:

You did nor scare me, I just used a different pic this time. Thanks to you I might even add a few more. Maybe post on every post you make.

You bigget problem is sig pics while you are surfing at work. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

Love the sig pics Kenner only thing is you should post them bigger for me if you don't mind.......... :hysterical:

Only time I insult a Canadian is when they have the puck and I'm inevitable skating as fast as I can trying to catch them. At that point in time I insult their country, their mother and anything else I can think of. Apart from that, there is no good reason to throw out insults.

I come here once in a while as a break from my day while I operate an e-commerce site, should I run it by not being on the internet?

Remember. I made a general comment about signature size, you took that as a direct shot at you, I said your photos were nice, but I didn't need to see 3 pictures of your car everytime you posted and just 1 would suffice, you then basically told me off and cry to someone who cared.

I've been on internet forums since the late 90's and I've never seen any forum signatures bigger than what exists on GT500 and Shelby forums. I mean 4-5x the size of standard signatures. The one in my signature is small by comparison and is still one of the largest I've ever used.

happy%20feet.gif

Look I like seeing nice cars, and your photo is nice, but it's literally 448x298 pair of images stacked on top of a 900x598 photo. Your signature alone takes up 1348x598 of my 1920x1080 screen everytime you post. Congrats on the nice cars, but save your scrapbook for another post dedicated to giant photos of your cars. I don't need to see it on every single post you make.

OK. :hysterical:

I'll see if I can post some giant photos for you, maybe 7360 x 4912?

Would that give you something better to bitch about? I Don't care. :lurk:

I am bored, time to find some pics to post. :hysterical:

I didn't start this, but I'm going to end it. I understand that you've got your little group of friends in here you've made over the past 8 years and 5,000 odd posts. I understand that in this instance I'm the new guy, even though I've probably been running internet forums since before you had your first e-mail account. I've had multiple users on this forum contact me via pm agreeing with me that it's a bit out of control, but saying that they don't want to start an argument against the "old guard" here. It's not either of our forums, and I don't expect them to change the rules because of me. All I was asking for in my original post was a little common sense in regards to signature size. If you truly can't see the photo if it's any smaller I'd be more than happy to help track down an upgraded computer monitor or get you in touch with a good friend of mine who's an optometrist in Toronto, but don't act like I'm the one who's out of my mind here. I made a simple request and you, kstrong, are the one who decided to make it more than that.

I come here once in a while as a break from my day while I operate an e-commerce site, should I run it by not being on the internet?

Remember. I made a general comment about signature size, you took that as a direct shot at you, I said your photos were nice, but I didn't need to see 3 pictures of your car everytime you posted and just 1 would suffice, you then basically told me off and cry to someone who cared.

I didn't start this, but I'm going to end it. I understand that you've got your little group of friends in here you've made over the past 8 years and 5,000 odd posts. I understand that in this instance I'm the new guy, even though I've probably been running internet forums since before you had your first e-mail account. I've had multiple users on this forum contact me via pm agreeing with me that it's a bit out of control, but saying that they don't want to start an argument against the "old guard" here. It's not either of our forums, and I don't expect them to change the rules because of me. All I was asking for in my original post was a little common sense in regards to signature size. If you truly can't see the photo if it's any smaller I'd be more than happy to help track down an upgraded computer monitor or get you in touch with a good friend of mine who's an optometrist in Toronto, but don't act like I'm the one who's out of my mind here. I made a simple request and you, kstrong, are the one who decided to make it more than that.

Get over it and move on bud!!..you do have an attitude AND you're the one that insulted his Country unprovoked!! YOU are the one that made it personal

you do have an attitude and one day that attitude will get you in trouble I've dealt with your kind before..who the heck do you think you are to request he change things just for YOU!!

he's been around for years on this forum with no issues at all..buddy respect you will get on here but not the way you're trying to get it you can bet on that..cheers and have yourself

a great day!!...... :violin:

I've posted in the past about kicking rattlesnakes on the trail. If you leave them alone they won't bother you

and was it Carroll that said "if you keep sticking your hand in a rattlesnakes mouth, sooner or later you're gonna get bit!"

Archived