TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coming To This Site Sure Has Lost Is Luster.

I mostly read on the site these days. In fact I check it every evening but just don't post much anymore. Stopped going to the bashes 3 years ago for reasons I will not go into. I do enjoy being part of the site and it used to be so much more exciting. Now it is mainly a habit.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grabber, the first few times I kept trying to clean my screen. Now I laugh out loud.

I'll confess, it still fools me occasionally. LOL

Jer

Because I bought my car this year, why would I join a forum for a car I don't own before that? Do you think you've earned some sort of additional respect from me just because you signed up for a website before me? Your annoying use of emoticons bothers me as well, reminds me of stuff I see from my 10 year old nephew on Facebook. Don't you have some flannel shirts to clean and some maple syrup to purify?

:slapfight:

I mostly read on the site these days. In fact I check it every evening but just don't post much anymore. Stopped going to the bashes 3 years ago for reasons I will not go into. I do enjoy being part of the site and it used to be so much more exciting. Now it is mainly a habit.

Addicted to TS! :drop:

:hysterical2:

Getting tired of my sig pic yet? And my silly emoticons? :headscratch:

You're too funny man... Up early this AM I see. Maybe we should all go to the local Tilted Kilt and have a photo taken with a young lovely and use a signature pics. Then you would hear no complaining at all!

Grabber - I hear you, but wish you would post more often.

It is my cheap entertainment. It goes from UFC fight night to hot ladies posing near a Mustang! I look in the old posts/threads for technical info I need. You are right. Lately, there seems to be little about what will make my Shelby go faster,perform and look better. I find myself on other forums for this. Still good stuff though.

You're too funny man... Up early this AM I see. Maybe we should all go to the local Tilted Kilt and have a photo taken with a young lovely and use a signature pics. Then you would hear no complaining at all!

Grabber - I hear you, but wish you would post more often.

:yup:

I'm always up early and in bed late. :runaway:

And you can always count on me for some light-hearted humor. ;)

Because I bought my car this year, why would I join a forum for a car I don't own before that? Do you think you've earned some sort of additional respect from me just because you signed up for a website before me? Your annoying use of emoticons bothers me as well, reminds me of stuff I see from my 10 year old nephew on Facebook. Don't you have some flannel shirts to clean and some maple syrup to purify?

OK. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Oops. Shouldn't have said anything.

I said it would be nice, I didn't say if we don't downsize the signatures then I quit. Don't start a fight over it, I just was curious if anyone had thought about it occasionally. I personally identify who is who by the sig a lot of the times, as well as enjoy people's cars and what they have come up with for looks on the car.

I just think that, on occasion, I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller picture. That's just me, and its not enough to make me go disable the pictures. Just a convenience thing. Jeeze.

Wow dude, you didn't do real good in Kindergarten I bet. "Getting along with others" probably is not a strong point, eh?

The reason you join (or lurk in) a forum before you buy a car is to LEARN!!!... I spent two years on various Cobra forums before I bought mine, and over a year before I got my FGT. I knew both cars' ins-and-outs before I ever set my tushy in the drivers seat.

I get along fine with the people I want to get a long with. Those who intentionally try to get under my skin aren't people I care about getting along with.

I've been a member at SVTP for years due to my other Mustang I owned, it only took me a month or so to figure out the basics around these cars. Compared to other cars I've built and modified they really couldn't be much easier to work on or modify since they're so reliable. Very few items you really have to be aware of. Sure if you're pushing for 900hp or building an all out racecar there's more to learn, but these GT500's are relatively bullet-proof, which is why I had no qualms about buying one, modifying it, and still driving it as my only vehicle. I mean at this point I basically have a laid out plan of every modification I'd ever need or want to do to the car and it's only been 4 months since I bought it. The mod path is so linear that unless you're being different just for the sake of being different you just check off the boxes on the upgrade path as you go.

I do enjoy being part of the site and it used to be so much more exciting.

As another early guy (stangsunleashed) the excitement was for those who ordered, were waiting, or had just rec'd their cars. The first Shelby Mustangs since 1970!

The second phase was the mods and what could be done with these fantastic new cars....that all happened 5-7 years ago...

That initial groundswell of excitement no longer exists. (imo)

That being said, I believe the core base is still strong, and certain regions (like our at TSPCR) are vibrant with active members.

Bickering that others had mentioned, you'll find that at any forum...I don't buy into it, and simply move on to the next thread.

Motor on :shift:

In my humble opinion it is either feast or famine in life as the forum. People come and go, tastes change and we all move on. I actually enjoy checking in on what everyone is doing and posting.

We have some very active and knowledgeable members on TS. GG

As another early guy (stangsunleashed) the excitement was for those who ordered, were waiting, or had just rec'd their cars. The first Shelby Mustangs since 1970!

The second phase was the mods and what could be done with these fantastic new cars....that all happened 5-7 years ago...

That being said, I believe the core base is still strong, and certain regions (like our at TSPCR) are vibrant with active members.

Bickering that others had mentioned, you'll find that at any forum...I don't buy into it, and simply move on to the next thread.

Hey Tom. We need another Detroit road trip, or "OP". :salute:

This time with Shelby's. I could start another beard.

Well said Tom! From one Stangs Unleashed member to another..... :salute:

Wow that brings back memories. I'd all but forgotten the separate forums and the merger with Stangs Unleashed. Some of us had two IDs for a while. There may even be some "_merged" IDs laying around.

I agree. The early cars were ripe for modifications for power and appearance. 07-08 people really went wild. I sense that really slowed down in the 11-12 time frame, and for the most part don't hear people doing much to the 13-14 cars. I suspect that means that Ford had by that time pretty much "got it right" and didn't leave much need for expansion.

Well said Tom.

Hey Tom. We need another Detroit road trip, or "OP". :salute:

This time with Shelby's. I could start another beard.

Prince Kenny with his princely wave...that was fun, and funny

That was fun.....something only our bearded brother Kenny can do. :victory:

Archived