TEAM SHELBY FORUM

7Th Annual Ford Fest Car Show

Kevin Patten

The 7th annual "Ford Fest" car show will be hosted by Borelli Motor Sports this year on (Saturday) September 6th at the Club Auto Sports complex in San Jose (Calif). The show will be in celebration of the Mustang's 50th anniversary and be a fundraiser benefiting the CHP 11-99 Foundation. The Foundation will have #1199 of the 1964 limited edition 50th Anniversary Mustangs there in which they will be selling $100 raffle tickets to people towards the drawing of a lucky winner of that car in October of this year. Car show classes will cover the different generations of Mustangs, Saleens, Roushs, Shelbys, Ford trucks, Ford exotics, compact Fords, T-birds and full size Fords, Ford race cars....... Car show participant tickets are $25. Spectators are free.

Just heard more good news on this event - they got some more sponsors and are going to drop the car show entry price down to $25 (which includes a lunch ticket and an event t-shirt) . If anyone who has already entered at the previous price($50) they will give you a refund on the difference.

I won't ask why Boris but, it sounds like $25 dollars more and you're in the show. They will be having a live band and offering discounted dyno pulls during the day all this and more to aid in support of the 11-99 Foundation (which Carroll Shelby was a supporter/sponsor). I hear that Ben may be coming back for another dyno pull in his Cobra Jet drag car! :drool: and the CHP is going to be putting a Crown Vic cop car on the dyno. The sponsors are pulling together donations for raffle prizes and there should be something for everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Dyno pulls , gourmet food trucks, live band , bitchin' raffle prizes , 11-99 Foundation car show (with trophies) , temps expected to be in the eighties ! This Saturday @ Club Auto Sports. I'm even bringing the Shelby GT-R race car and putting it on display - I'll even let people sit in it and take a picture if they make a donation to the Foundation. It may not be the Stanley Cup but it is for a good cause.

Not many, but this is what I snapped...

The awards were really cool, hand made with old engine parts. Very unique and well done.

http://s968.photobucket.com/user/cali_kr/library/Ford_Fest_7_Borelli?sort=3&page=1

Thanks for sharing. The awards are very cool indeed. What's the deal with the GT-H? Looks like a car lot neglect or barn find.

Archived