TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed The 2010 Clutch In My 40Th

Torch40

Today “we” installed a new 2010 clutch in my 2007 GT500.

I used the Grabber parts list and all went well. Thanks to Kevin Patton (who did all the work) and Michael McGuirk for the help. The Mayor showed up even though he felt like crap, thanks brother.

As reported by everyone the clutch drives great. Smooth and easy. Night and day difference from stock.

Thanks to Rob for all the great info.

Today “we” installed a new 2010 clutch in my 2007 GT500.

I used the Grabber parts list and all went well. Thanks to Kevin Patton (who did all the work) and Michael McGuirk for the help. The Mayor showed up even though he felt like crap, thanks brother.

As reported by everyone the clutch drives great. Smooth and easy. Night and day difference from stock.

Thanks to Rob for all the great info.

This puts a smile on my face to see another success and happy ending. enjoy the new feel of your car.

Thanks for the pictures. Was it slipping? Actually, there appears to be a fair amount of pad remaining on the disc.

Dab

The clutch wasn't slipping - it was just hard to engage and made a rattling sound which initially we thought was the input bearing of the transmission. As you can see the original clutch is more of a racing type dual disk with metallic pucks where as the replacement was a full face organic type making it much more driver friendly.

When you use the 2010 clutch do you also have to put in a new flywheel which seems to be mandatory with McLeod, Spec, Exedy...?

Malc

Yes you must change out the flywheel - it too has a completely different design.

Archived