TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Gt/sc Convertible For Sale

Cobraj007

Each will have their own opinion. Base vehicle appears to be a Deluxe GT versus a Premium.

I wonder where the GT/SC upgrade was performed ----- I thought the 2008 upgrades kept the air box versus an open CAI. Also, cannot see the "badges" under the hood.....would actually like to see photographs of both badges under the hood. Also, don't like the shifter ball, Cobra emblem on front grill, two big lights on grill, tail-lights(probably LED upgrades), GT headrest covers....

I'm a big carbon fiber fan but not on this model. Maybe on a black car.....

Wheels are nice....

If I was selling and it was an SAI installed SC I would have mentioned this piece of information. In addition, mentioning the Shelby Factory Installed badge. Both are important to many perspective buyers. Hope it finds a good home and gets the billet grill put back on. Do not like the big bug eyes.

This is the Whipple supercharger. What made me concerned about emissions was the amount of black soot around the chrome exhaust extensions. My 2010 GT had none, but it wasn't supercharged either. There is some on the GT/SC, just wondering if that is normal for a S/C car. Never had a supercharged engine in any vehicle before.

I wonder what strut tower brace he is using on it?

I want to switch my stock air box out with an open one as the closed style is rubbing on the inner fender and wearing the paint off and will eventually wear a hole. Its also rubbing on the hood.

I wonder what strut tower brace he is using on it?

I want to switch my stock air box out with an open one as the closed style is rubbing on the inner fender and wearing the paint off and will eventually wear a hole. Its also rubbing on the hood.

Not sure if you got an answer or found it browsing the web but I saw this a while back while browsing the Steeda site myself. Looks like the one in picture on ebay is the roush one and that particular one is no longer available. These links appear to be the updated versions.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-whipple-billet-strut-tower-brace-555-5726-whp/

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-3-4-whipple-billet-strut-tower-brace-555-5726-whp/

Jeff

The strut tower brace is more for appearance than function. You would have to be track racing to notice the difference and then I doubt most would notice. All it is doing is shifting the load from one side to the other under heavy cornering. It needs to be tied to the firewall to actually be an effective component to enhance handling.

Personally, I do not miss having one at all.

Not sure if you got an answer or found it browsing the web but I saw this a while back while browsing the Steeda site myself. Looks like the one in picture on ebay is the roush one and that particular one is no longer available. These links appear to be the updated versions.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-whipple-billet-strut-tower-brace-555-5726-whp/

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-3-4-whipple-billet-strut-tower-brace-555-5726-whp/

Jeff

Thanks for the info. I want to eventually get an open air box on mine. I think if I just get one for an 07 whipple it will work? I am not sure if the tune is different from 07 to 08?

I think the low miles is one reason why it sold so high. I am not sure if it actually is a true SC since it says in the ad that is has the GT/SC side decal on it. I would think the ad would have talked about where it was supercharged and have shown the little plaque.

My Whipple with the non factory airbox has no rubbing. I do not have a strut tower brace. I have a jpg but not sure how to attach it, as you can see by the # of my posts I'm new to this.

Have you taken yours out to clean the filter and looked under the box where it comes in contact with your inner fender? That is mainly where mine is rubbing,

Yes, I have cleaned the cone filter and checked for any interference of the metal box. I haven't found any, except with the ABS distribution block. It seems to be mounted up tight to it on 1 side.

On another note, the auction vehicle owner removed his hood insulation. Do you think it was worth it to get the strut tower brace in?

Archived