TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Is The Warranty For A 2014 Gt350

Trying to understand the warranty on the GT350 program.

A 624 horsepower car has no warranty?

A 525 horsepower car has warranty?

Is it a Ford warranty, Shelby warranty or dealership third party warranty?

How long is the warranty for?

Does Ford cover the car at all since it's a GT Mustang?

Anything else I'm missing here?

No warranty on the 624HP, even though the parts are from Ford Racing. (They state the same thing in the Ford Racing catalog. The regular Mustang GT items (Sync, power windows and seats, etc.) are covered by Ford.

I'm not positive, but I think you might be able to purchase a limited powertrain warranty through Whipple:

http://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=56

If you read what it says, it states that the supercharger has to be installed by a "Whipple Top Tier Installer". Is Shelby a "Whipple Top Tier Installer"? Has anyone looked into this?

Trying to understand the warranty on the GT350 program.

A 624 horsepower car has no warranty?

Correct...essentially your on your own. There are some things that SAI will cover but Ford says Nope!

A 525 horsepower car has warranty?

For 1 year as opposed to the standard new car warranty.

Is it a Ford warranty, Shelby warranty or dealership third party warranty?

Shelby warrants their portion for a year, but depending on what the issue is may help you out after that. See above for the Ford warranty. The N/A cars have a full warranty from Ford.

How long is the warranty for?

Depending on the model of GT350; 0, 1 year, or 3 years.

Does Ford cover the car at all since it's a GT Mustang?

Yes, see above

Anything else I'm missing here?

Ford, being the customer service oriented company that they are, will do everything in their power to blame SAI for any issues that arise during the warranty period even though the parts, tune etc are Ford/Ford Racing. If there's a problem you may become friends with the regional customer service manager before the issue is resolved.

Hope that helps.

All above is correct. Remember that even Ford Racing (where SAI gets the parts) sells unwarranted parts as well, like the 624 HP supercharger M-6066-MGT624D (you will see this Ford Racing catalog sticker number on the driver shock tower). The 525HP (M-6066-MGT525D) is warranted for only 12,000 miles/12 months when installed by a Ford or Lincoln dealer. While not a Ford dealer, I assume that SAI has a Ford agreement warranty for the installation.

Archived