TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Will Unleash 750 Hp In 2016 Svt Mustang

jd3

I bet you guys are upset if you have a 13-14. I built my car to be superior to any bolt on model of a gt500 no matter what year and then if this is true all of ours are obsolete. 400 pounds less than yours, with more features... I honestly hope they don't do it anymore so it makes all of ours rare, I would very much dislike driving down the road and seeing 3 shelbys on my way to the store

I bet you guys are upset if you have a 13-14. I built my car to be superior to any bolt on model of a gt500 no matter what year and then if this is true all of ours are obsolete. 400 pounds less than yours, with more features... I honestly hope they don't do it anymore so it makes all of ours rare, I would very much dislike driving down the road and seeing 3 shelbys on my way to the store

Lol, not upset at all. In fact I can't believe how much I love this car....even if the next one is 1000hp! The 13/14 are the best mustang ever made by ford, best interior, best engine, best electronics. With that said of course I want ford to improve them every year, this won't be the last shelby I will have the opportunity to buy. Building a better car year after year will make me want one, keeps me working hard. The 13/14 are the end of an era, unmolested they are hard to beat. They will be coveted by collectors in the future and I will always covet mine. It's the 3rd cobra for me and I don't plan on selling a single one if them, hopefully later adding a more powerful better handling mustang when it exists, and when I can afford it.

Lol, not upset at all. In fact I can't believe how much I love this car....even if the next one is 1000hp! The 13/14 are the best mustang ever made by ford, best interior, best engine, best electronics. With that said of course I want ford to improve them every year, this won't be the last shelby I will have the opportunity to buy. Building a better car year after year will make me want one, keeps me working hard. The 13/14 are the end of an era, unmolested they are hard to beat. They will be coveted by collectors in the future and I will always covet mine. It's the 3rd cobra for me and I don't plan on selling a single one if them, hopefully later adding a more powerful better handling mustang when it exists, and when I can afford it.

+1

Are you upset you have a 2007 and there are 7 MY's which are upgrades to yours? Obsolete? Say's who?

Oh and BTW, a 750hp '16 GTxxx is a pipe dream.

Go get a different car then.

Are you upset you have a 2007 and there are 7 MY's which are upgrades to yours? Obsolete? Say's who?

Oh and BTW, a 750hp '16 GTxxx is a pipe dream.

I could care less about electronics

it would be nice to see what the future holds. I've listened to the engineers I guess you'd call them talk about all the features of the hellcat, which are very similar to the 13-14 Shelby gt500. they were very vague however saying its not just a srt with a supercharger, yet their comments following proved otherwise. we all have our vices but I guess we all have what we can afford. seeing as how I only get 52,000$ a year risking my life for the military. hopefully you'll show all these vics off you have and never sell them. last thing id hate to see is your end of an era Shelby be in a fast and furious 22 movie where it get thrashed and destroyed.

I could care less about electronics

And exactly the reason why most '13-14 owners couldn't care less about a future SVT product. What are we to do, sell our '13-'14's in anticipation for a 2016 MY car that will probably never be built? Not sure what you're trying to get at?

How does ford call this new mustang a Shelby mustang if the Man is not around and had nothing to do with it's development? To me they are using his name for profit. It's not right.

Twice now Iv'e seen a camoed Mustang driving around LAX.......which is real close to Shelby's Gardena facility. Not saying it's the new SVT or SAI is working on it. Just gets me thinking.

it would be nice to see what the future holds. I've listened to the engineers I guess you'd call them talk about all the features of the hellcat, which are very similar to the 13-14 Shelby gt500. they were very vague however saying its not just a srt with a supercharger, yet their comments following proved otherwise. we all have our vices but I guess we all have what we can afford. seeing as how I only get 52,000$ a year risking my life for the military. hopefully you'll show all these vics off you have and never sell them. last thing id hate to see is your end of an era Shelby be in a fast and furious 22 movie where it get thrashed and destroyed.

I'm not rich by any means, I didn't make more than $50k until a year ago and I'm in my mid 30's. What helps is a wife making the same money and her seeing the value in making payments on cars that mostly sit in the garage, btw the shelby is $1,100 a month! I bought my other cars on credit and made payments until they were paid off....when they get paid off I look for another. These cars are worthwhile investments IMO, if you don't think so watch the Mecum auction and see what Shelby's go for! It's all about priorities, we don't go on many vacations, we don't drink, don't party, we don't have a really expensive house.....we focus all extra dollars on the cars and a place to keep them. I have no idea how old you are, most military guys are young. Assuming that your in your twenties (excuse me if I'm wrong) then you already own a shelby and have a huge head start over me and most collectors assuming you chose to keep it. In my 20's I bought a 97 cobra with 4k miles....20k mile terminator in my early 30's......new gt500 in mid 30's. Again it's all about priorities.

You should be thrilled with the hellcat, I am! If you don't want to see a shelby on every street corner then you should be happy with the camaro and challenger, if it weren't for these cars a lot of guys would be in mustangs and Shelby's....they would be everywhere. The rivalry between the brands is what pushes improvements too, if it weren't for the camaro beating the mustang around the track then ford wouldn't have been as motivated to recreate the IRS system to compete. I'm not snobby about my car either, I can appreciate all brands even if they have better features or better performance. For instance the 700 hp hellcat is only a single feature that's better than the shelby, camaros have had better suspension for years but have you looked at the interior of the comaro....ewwww it's ugly! The camaro guys know I'm faster straight, I know they are faster on curves, they know they have ugly interior. It's all part of the fun, if the shelby was the hands down best at everything I would be at the car show comparing my shelby to everyone's else's, what fun is that?

Thanks for your service and be careful out there. Be proud of your shelby no matter what year (I think you are) you should be :)

Archived