TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Mods For 0645-Updated With Pictures...finally

I just finished 2 weeks of leave from Afghanistan and over the last seven months have ben ordering parts for the Shelby. I was welcomed by a garage full of new parts mostly Ford Racing stuff. Because of a week at Disney World I was not able to get everything on but did put on the following:

-CS Transmission Cooler Scoop

-MMD Retro Side Mirrors

-MMD Hood Gas Lifts (replaced the prop rod)

-Steeda CAI Inlet Tube with Blue Gaskets

-New 20" Gunmetal Shelby Razors staggered 9" front and 10" rear with Sumitomo HTR Z III tires

The stuff still in boxes:

-Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Brake Kit

-FRPP Brake Duct Hose Kit

-FRPP 62mm Throttle Body

-FRPP Intake

-Steeda Underdrive pulleys

-FRPP Blue "Ford Racing" Valve Covers

-Pypes Long Tube Headers

-Shelby Rear Shock Tower Brace

and there will be more on order....can't wait to get back and finish the mods!

Steve

Larry,

I have a few pics but I was actually sitting in Atlanta airport when I wrote the original post.....it was the first time I had some time to myself.

:cool:

Once I get a chance to go through the pictures I will update the post with them.

Is the rear axle and brakes on yor car the same as on a 2007-2009 GT500?

If so, I would love to hear how the 10" wide Razors clear the brakes and the alignment of the tires with the fender lips.

Z-man

Is the rear axle and brakes on yor car the same as on a 2007-2009 GT500?

If so, I would love to hear how the 10" wide Razors clear the brakes and the alignment of the tires with the fender lips.

Z-man

Z-Man

The rear brakes (and front) are different from a GT500. I am still using the stock Mustang GT rotors and calipers. At some point when I get back, I have a set of Power Stop rotors that I will upgrade to. However those are OEM replacements and not 'big brakes'. No issues with clearing the brakes since they are OEM and the tires definitely fill the rear wheel well. I don't have a picture of them from the back to fully answer your question but the tires are pretty much even with the fender lips. You can tell they are wider tires from the back.

The Shelby Razor wheels I picked up from AmericanMuscle.com, but be advised they do not have the offset to clear big brakes, I think that offset is 42mm IIRC. I knew going in that I could not use a big brake kit and that was fine.

I still owe pics and I need to find the thread on how to post them and I will get some up.

Thanks for your service! and good luck with the mods!!

You are welcome. I am a retired Army Warrant Officer and a Contractor now but I appreciate the kind words. I just wish I had more time to work on the Shelby.....Between Disney, the 'honey-do' list and just spending time with family I was BUSY...

Archived