TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Possible 2016 Gt350R Testing At Nurburgring

JeffJ

You can also see roll cage in some of the pictures. I would guess that this is also some testing for the next IMSA Continental Challenge Race Car and SCCA World Challenge Race Car. I'm looking forward to January in Daytona, I assume that the new chassis race car will be there. I tried to get some info out of the Multimatic guys this weekend in Toronto, but they are being pretty tight lipped about the new chassis. Lots of smiles though. So that is good.

I never for a minute, thought that FOMOCO would sit idle and let a MOPAR run 'em over.

The small 3 all know what each other is up to. If we are spying on other countries...then the small 3 is damn sure in each other's bedrooms!! :cool:

Not crazy about the tuner style paint job.

I think those are interference patterns. With a stationary camera they can be used to look for bends and twists in the body of the car. They can then measure the amount of frame movement on given turns and bumps.

I am in London now I wonder what the chances are if make a quick trip over to Germany it will still be there? Ha Ha zero.

I love the big brakes.

So the question is what will Shelby turn this into?

A pretitiled SAI built 350. No but wouldn't that be cool.

The new SS. I doubt it.

The new KR. The old KR was suppost to be SAIs track car before they had the 350, but again I doubt it.

Will ford build the 350 and SAI turns it into the new 500?

Something new with a new name?

If this is purely a SVT car be prepared that it could be the next version of the FR500 or the track only Boss302. In other words, you won't see it on the street. If the rumor of this car also carrying the 5.8 is true (when they've already said it won't fit in the engine compartment), I just can't see Ford doing that in a production car and ruining their CAFE numbers.

This is not a Shelby American car. 'Ring testing even for Ford is quite rare.

I suspect we are all putting too much credence in the fact that this is a "street" car...

The car companies do all kinds of testing...I know because I worked for a short stint at the GM Proving grounds in Az, and I saw 'stuff' that to this day are not production cars, but a lot of the items on those test cars DID make it to production on other models.

I suspect we are all putting too much credence in the fact that this is a "street" car...

The car companies do all kinds of testing...I know because I worked for a short stint at the GM Proving grounds in Az, and I saw 'stuff' that to this day are not production cars, but a lot of the items on those test cars DID make it to production on other models.

That may be true but they could have done all the testing they wanted in the states. Usually car companies go to Nüremberg for one thing, so they can get that number, the number that says their cars are faster.

Did anyone notice the smaller exhaust pipe inside that first pipe on the left. What does that mean? Is this a smaller engine ecoboost?

Could it be a new way to run Straight Pipe Exhaust like the Saleen Mustangs have? When you stomp on the Gas a Valve moves switching from Muffler to Straight Pipe?

A cage inside of a test mule even for a production car is nothing new and lends no credence that this a Ford build race car. Take a look at these photos of the 2013 GT500 before it was announced. Ford's insurance likely requires such safety equipment in the mules that see this level of testing.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-shots/full/#photo-237348

A cage inside of a test mule even for a production car is nothing new and lends no credence that this a Ford build race car. Take a look at these photos of the 2013 GT500 before it was announced. Ford's insurance likely requires such safety equipment in the mules that see this level of testing.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-shots/full/#photo-237348

I've seen many caged and non caged mules enroute in a.m. or leaving in p.m. from a local track rented occasionaly by the Detroit auto makers over the past few years.

This includes GT, Boss, GT-500's, GT-350... with and without heavy camo.

Last week saw a 2015 (Dark Orange similar to poppy red).

I'm sure it won't be long and I'll see the SVT car.

Archived