TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Experience With The Lowering Motor Mounts?

Reading through other posts here, I've seen some of yall have used the Shelby lowering motor mounts in order to be able to put a whipple on your SGT/GTH and still use the SGT or GTH hood. Question - was there any increase in NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) as a result of the mounts? I ask because I did an aftermarket k-member on my 08 GT500 to get some weight off the front of the car, but the poly motor mounts transfer noise through the car at high RPM and it's annoying as hell; I'm not afraid of noise, but I want to hear the GOOD noise (i.e. my exhaust!).

I'm considering adding a whipple to my SGT, but not if I'm going to have a repeat of the noise issue (actually thinking of taking the 20lb extra weight hit and putting the stock k-member back on the car). It's relatively livable with the GT500 since it's not my daily but the SGT is so I have to keep it somewhat civilized.

thanks!

No issues for me, nor from any customers who used them.

Jer

Ummm... The whipple clears the stock sgt hood fine...

What I recall, stock SGT hood is ok. GT-H hood requires a cutout to clear the pulley. I think the deep draw won't work without lowering the engine. Some are lowering the engine to not lose the SPP strut tower brace. SAI put a kit together when Jer was there so folks could purchase a hood and mounts at the same time if memory serves me correct.

What I recall, stock SGT hood is ok. GT-H hood requires a cutout to clear the pulley. I think the deep draw won't work without lowering the engine. Some are lowering the engine to not lose the SPP strut tower brace. SAI put a kit together when Jer was there so folks could purchase a hood and mounts at the same time if memory serves me correct.

Fits with SGT hood.

GT-H and Deep Draw hoods require lowering mounts.

That's why I put that kit together way back when..

Jer

Archived