TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

SGT071928

For OUTSIDE protection, I've always used Covercraft. It will NOT keep moisture out, but it DOES protect from UV which is the REAL culprit on cars parked in the elements.

You can ADD waterproof padding under the cover if you need to protect from Hail in SPRING.

IMO, the cover SHOULD breath (allows moisture in/out), otherwise you will accelerate oxidation (RUST).

In other words a car cover will NOT keep your car SPOTLESS CLEAN, but it will help protect it from the elements.

I'm looking forward to OTHER responses as well....I might learn something NEW;)

Anyone buy the Shelby one from Shelbystore.com? Thoughts on how that might compare to Covercraft for the money? I just got my 07SGT White /silver and live in Western NY. It will be sleeping this winter in my garage and I need to protect it from the mini-van parked next to it (i.e. kids coats sliding across the side / etc)

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z40-10.htm

Thanks,

• 5 years later...
On 7/18/2014 at 11:42 AM, Wolfman said:

Anyone buy the Shelby one from Shelbystore.com? Thoughts on how that might compare to Covercraft for the money? I just got my 07SGT White /silver and live in Western NY. It will be sleeping this winter in my garage and I need to protect it from the mini-van parked next to it (i.e. kids coats sliding across the side / etc)

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z40-10.htm

Thanks,

I am looking for a Shelby car cover for my 07 sgt but seems to be unavailable. Anyone here know where i may find one?

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Bill_T said:

Looking for a original 07-08 Shelby cover that could be bought through Shelby.

The link that you have posted would be my second choice. Thanks for your searching. Much appreciated 👍

3 hours ago, duns said:

Looking for a original 07-08 Shelby cover that could be bought through Shelby.

The link that you have posted would be my second choice. Thanks for your searching. Much appreciated 👍

Just an FYI, the original car covers from SPP were for indoor use only.

That link is out of date as it shows SPP and/or Designer Auto Accessories as the supplier. SPP no longer has the covers and DAA closed shop last year I believe.

Best suggestion is go to the source, CoverKing and order a satin stretch cover. The only difference should be that the cover is not customizable with your cars CSM number as I believe that was a Gary Disney / SPP only option.

Steven

PS- the above is going from memory , car cover details are not something I invested time in.

Archived