TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buy A 2014 Or Ss My 2007 Gt500

I would SS the '07 or trade it for a 2009 SS, better looking, more exclusive, and you can tune the power to whatever you want.

Not following you on this one. 2007-2009 essentially the same car

Production numbers on the SS won't be out until (well) after the end of the run.

I absolutely prefer the '07-'09 body style but my recommendation would be to get the '14 and SS it when able.

Whatever your decision- just keep in mind there are nearly 100k GT500s built 2007 up, so I think we can leave rare out of the conversation. To put that in perspective- that's roughly 3 times the number of Raptors, and I see those EVERYWHERE!

Whatever your decision- just keep in mind there are nearly 100k GT500s built 2007 up, so I think we can leave rare out of the conversation. To put that in perspective- that's roughly 3 times the number of Raptors, and I see those EVERYWHERE!

That's 'cause you got one Warren, lol.

I would SS the 07. You will own the pink slip on it and be done with payments. Then when it is SSed, it will go into the Shelby Registry. My opinion is you can modify the 07 to have just as much performance as the 14! I, too, think the 05-09 stangs look better than the 10-up.What ever you decide, enjoy the car and don't sit on it, hoping the value increases.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input guys! I am shipping the 07 to Vegas later this year. Went with the Kenne-Bell 800hp option. Also got the interior, the rear brakes, the cooling and the Borla Stingers. Should be on the road by April next year. If anyone's counting, mine is number 534 out of the 1000 possible for 2007. I somehow don't think they'll do the full 1000.

And to Denstang65, Definitely not an investment. I don't care about resale value as I intend to drive it until it gives up or I do.

Thanks for the input guys! I am shipping the 07 to Vegas later this year. Went with the Kenne-Bell 800hp option. Also got the interior, the rear brakes, the cooling and the Borla Stingers. Should be on the road by April next year. If anyone's counting, mine is number 534 out of the 1000 possible for 2007. I somehow don't think they'll do the full 1000.

And to Denstang65, Definitely not an investment. I don't care about resale value as I intend to drive it until it gives up or I do.

Congrats on your choice. You won't believe the difference .............the SS is a whole new beast.

Glad to hear that you are having it SS to enjoy it, not for an investment. Shelby's are built to be enjoyed. I always thought, unless there is a special significant ie; first one built or one off. They should be on the road/track, not inside a roped off area. Congrats! Keep us posted!

Nice! Looking forward to this build. Keep us posted along the way. Congrats!!!

Archived