TEAM SHELBY FORUM

These Are Ss Splitters. Whatever You May Believe They Are Not Kr Knock Offs

Relative to the Plasan splitters, they are.

$3500 vs $900.

Phill (Everything is relative).

You got THAT right!

The original (Raceskinz) SS/40th splitters last sold through SPP for about $600. The KR splitters were, in an word, ridiculous $ (as were the hoods) albeit well made.

Although I haven't seen these new splitters in person, my bet is they are not of Plasan or Raceskinz quality.

Are they "real" (solid as the original) carbon fiber, dipped or laminated?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The KR and the SS were developed concurrently. the prototypes for both are 07s and are 2 digits apart on the VINs. Both are currently sitting side by side in the heritage center.

There where around 15 KR prototypes. Yes SAI has one sitting in their building.

Exactly.............yes they are "similar" in outward appearance KR and SS, but different.

^^^Thank you for pointing this out. When a person compares the SS hood to the KR hood and calls them the same, or even close to the same it shows their lack of knowledge of these two hoods. The KR hood has much more functionality built into it, where as the SS not as much except for CAI and heat extraction................but yes, they do look "similar" from the top side..........but only "somewhat similar", from that point on they are completely different hoods in design and features.

R

I never said it was a good copy.

Yes. He or she would be laughed out of the dealership for trying to get a '09 covered under warranty. Especially for a WHEEL that was covered for 3 years.

Phill

There's warranty vs. service parts. Shelby must keep KR service parts available for 10 years or until 2019.

The KR and the SS were developed concurrently. the prototypes for both are 07s and are 2 digits apart on the VINs. Both are currently sitting side by side in the heritage center.

The GT500KR in the heritage center is not an actual prototype, however, a concept.

The most objective post in this thread is from Realone "Let's Debunk". Great post and accurate.

Ford and Shelby both stated that the KR parts were limited to this vehicle, not from our lips. Now they've changed their minds. For those of you who don't own a KR probably don't care about what's going on because your not effected.

Then you have a representative from SAI trying to convince us that what they are selling now, is a new SS part, not a KR part, when it matches our splitter line by line and curve by curve. Those are the two reasons why we KR guys are discussing this.

Then you have the KR wannabes who post subjective comments that aren't relative to the topic or only half the information is correct. Regardless of what is said here, the KR is a pedigree Shelby. A Shelby GT / Mustang with some KR parts is, well, a look a like.

I never said it was a good copy.

I don't think it was any kind of a copy, good or bad. They are two different hoods. The Super Snake hood and GT500KR hoods have some similar functions CAI, Heat Extraction etc., but then they go their separate ways. The Super Snake hood is designed to clear a blower with 700hp+ capabilities, the KR hood will not do this without notching the hood or lowering of the engine, or both. The KR hood has engineering built into it to handle daily driving in inclement weather which "some" owners could choose for their car, the Super Snake hood allows the water to drip onto the engine, not as inclement weather friendly.............but in this sacrifice, it allows for a bigger blower.

They are both designed for their purpose, I don't see a "copy" when comparing either. Both are cool, both are unique.

Now if we are also discussing the newer Super Snake hood that is not CAI functional? but instead for looks only at the frontal portion?............no comment..........

R

What....the.....#*$%

Are you guys seriously arguing about this? I just don't know where the respect for others is anymore, I mean really. Its one thing to be mad at Ford for ruining your want for exclusivity, but its totally another problem when everyone makes it personal.

And why is this such a problem? People mod up their mustangs inside and out every day.

I enjoy all Shelby vehicles, Mustangs, and of course the Shelby legacy. I love it. I respect every Shelby vehicle. But I held a special respect for the KR (Supersnake as well, but no need to say: no one cares). Why does what I have to say matter at all? Because I had a high respect for KR owners, a respect for their decision and care for a very special vehicle with a very unique history. That respect has taken a hit, although I cant generalize all KR owners by this thread. But maybe I should just hold that respect for the car, and only the car.

Seriously though, this site needs to put the TEAM back together. Please :doh:

What....the.....#*$%

Are you guys seriously arguing about this? I just don't know where the respect for others is anymore, I mean really. Its one thing to be mad at Ford for ruining your want for exclusivity, but its totally another problem when everyone makes it personal.

And why is this such a problem? People mod up their mustangs inside and out every day.

I enjoy all Shelby vehicles, Mustangs, and of course the Shelby legacy. I love it. I respect every Shelby vehicle. But I held a special respect for the KR (Supersnake as well, but no need to say: no one cares). Why does what I have to say matter at all? Because I had a high respect for KR owners, a respect for their decision and care for a very special vehicle with a very unique history. That respect has taken a hit, although I cant generalize all KR owners by this thread. But maybe I should just hold that respect for the car, and only the car.

Seriously though, this site needs to put the TEAM back together. Please :doh:

The forum is fine. As you can plainly see, there are just a few individuals who like to stir the pot. I call them "trolls".

Robert, does this apply to the '07 40th Anniversary (non-KR) as well?

No. The GT500 40th was not a pre-title (in partnership with Ford) program.

I don't think it was any kind of a copy, good or bad. They are two different hoods. The Super Snake hood and GT500KR hoods have some similar functions CAI, Heat Extraction etc., but then they go their separate ways. The Super Snake hood is designed to clear a blower with 700hp+ capabilities, the KR hood will not do this without notching the hood or lowering of the engine, or both. The KR hood has engineering built into it to handle daily driving in inclement weather which "some" owners could choose for their car, the Super Snake hood allows the water to drip onto the engine, not as inclement weather friendly.............but in this sacrifice, it allows for a bigger blower.

They are both designed for their purpose, I don't see a "copy" when comparing either. Both are cool, both are unique.

Now if we are also discussing the newer Super Snake hood that is not CAI functional? but instead for looks only at the frontal portion?............no comment..........

R

Very few GT500 SuperSnake hoods have CAI functionality. From what I recall, the CAI portion of the SS hood caused driveability problems.

If you've seen enough of them or study them, the KR and SS hoods are nowhere the same.

Very few GT500 SuperSnake hoods have CAI functionality. From what I recall, the CAI portion of the SS hood caused driveability problems.

If you've seen enough of them or study them, the KR and SS hoods are nowhere the same.

:yup:

I remember those early Super Snake hoods, there was a large open hole above the air filter. The first experience I saw on video was an owner pulling his 725 on some 1 mile high speed pulls on a South Florida back road and the car stalling as it came down from the pull. The picture below was the baffle offered to cover that large single hole............

009-5.jpg

Then this baffle was incorporated/molded into the later functional hoods (I believe it was the 2nd design) and I did not hear of people having the stalling/surging issues that were encountered on the earlier version of this hood, but there were still some additional changes to the CAI area as shown in the post below.

I don't remember exactly when I first saw a person showing the bottom side of their 2007-2009 Super Snake hood and it having no CAI function, but it seems to me it was 3-4 years ago? about the same time the 2010 Super Snake (different hood) was starting to be produced. It was also around the time that the bottom side of the Super Snake hood was no longer finished to a mirror body color/clear coat finish but instead painted black with the more rough FG mold finish.

R

Guess I'm lucky my CAI SuperSnake hood is rare and functions really well :)

I've never had issues with mine either, my car was built in early 2009, mine is like a show piece on the bottom side (as I received it from the Mod Shop), and notice the lesser amount of holes over the CAI, even less than the "fix" baffle that was added to the earliest hoods (shown in the post above)...................I believe mine is the 3rd revision of the Super Snake hood.

0013.jpg

I can't think of many places that would take the time to finish the bottom of a FG hood like this, Thank You SA!

The 1995 and 2000 Cobra R FG hoods (straight from the Ford showroom) were not even this nice on the bottom side.

R

Archived