TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Barrett-Jackson Limited Edition Mustang

It is not often I get to post on the Shelby GT/BJ Mustang. In the August of 2014 Hemmings Motor News on page 119 there is a full page add on the 2nd Annual Hot August Nights Auction by Barrett-Jackson during July 31-August 2 in Reno Tahoe, NV.

Up for sale is a 2007 Shelby GT/Barrett-Jackson Edition Mustang-Prototype Mustang. This is the serial number 1 Shelby Prototype car used to showcase the 2008 Shelby GT Barrett Jackson Edition Mustangs. The production run was limited to 100 specialty prepared, badged, and serial numbered cars celebrating the collaboration of three automobile icons, Barrett-Jackson, Ford Motor Company, & Shelby America.

This would really be a nice car to own. Wonder what the selling price would estimated to be. I have been tracking the other 100 cars as many of you know for sometime now. I hope I can get the VIN from this vehicles and the options on it to put with my spreadsheet on the other Shelby GT/BJ cars I am keeping records on.

Yea I'm pretty partial to the Shelby GT/BJ cars. Hopefully one day, I may add a super charger option to mine. I thought our Team Forum Members would be interested in this specialty car auction information. I can't help but add I sure wish Shelby had given more thought to the CSM numbers on these cars and built them in order rather than during the run of Vista Blue Models.

Regards........ GG

Well lets hope that this SGT-BJ thread goes better than the other BJ thread ;)

This is truly a 1 of 1 car that Shelby American is letting go. Not only is this the Prototype for the 2008 Shelby GT-BJ Edition but it is the only SGT-BJ car built on a 2007 chassis. That's right this car is based on a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with the Upfitters package so although the B-J cars are rare at 100 production builds this car is even rarer as a one of one.

Steve

Here is the link to the BJ auction:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Home/Event/C426FA2A-B38D-45D6-833C-042B356B64DE/Details/174470/area=Events&False

Well lets hope that this SGT-BJ thread goes better than the other BJ thread ;)

This is truly a 1 of 1 car that Shelby American is letting go. Not only is this the Prototype for the 2008 Shelby GT-BJ Edition but it is the only SGT-BJ car built on a 2007 chassis. That's right this car is based on a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with the Upfitters package so although the B-J cars are rare at 100 production builds this car is even rarer as a one of one.

Steve

Here is the link to the BJ auction:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Home/Event/C426FA2A-B38D-45D6-833C-042B356B64DE/Details/174470/area=Events&False

Steve - the link didn't work for me.

Steve,

Yea I was thinking about the other GT/BJ post when I put this one up for the forum as an item of interest. Do you know if there were any additional protype cars done on a 2008 Mustang GT Chassis of the Barrett-Jackson Edition before it was put up for sale.

I think Tony should step up and buy this one and take one for "the team". :shift: This would be a great edition to someone's garage. GG

Steve,

Yea I was thinking about the other GT/BJ post when I put this one up for the forum as an item of interest. Do you know if there were any additional protype cars done on a 2008 Mustang GT Chassis of the Barrett-Jackson Edition before it was put up for sale.

I think Tony should step up and buy this one and take one for "the team". :shift: This would be a great edition to someone's garage. GG

I'm going by memory here but there just might be another pre-production BJ car. Cleo Shelby had a car similar to a SGT-BJ. At the moment I just can't recall if it was a some sort of pre-production BJ car or if it was a car that just looked like a BJ car. Somewhere I have a few pics of Cleo's car so it looks like I'll need to try and find them.

Steve

Steve,

I was thinking of it but the boss won't drive a manual transmission and we need something she can drive. I already got the king of the manuals and am allowed one garage spot for a toy. That is per the mutual non disclosure agreement signed in 1975. You know, that love honor, not obey thing in front of God and everybody. Yes, 39 years.... If we make it, we'll be first to make 50th in the family. So far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder, the Shelby GT-BJ prototype goes across the block late Saturday afternoon or early evening. The Reno auction should be on the Fox sports network.

Steve

My dish package doesn't have Fox Sports 2. It looks like Saturday is on National Geographic channel though. The DVR will get what it can.

Archived