TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Group Buy I: '05-09 Gt500 Complete Brake Duct Kit

Hello Team Shelby Members,

My name is Keith Criswell and I currently manage Shelby’s wholesale parts business through the world headquarters here in Las Vegas. I wanted to extend a special invitation to Team Shelby members to purchase limited run parts through our new Shelby Group Buy Program.

We would like to offer you the opportunity to purchase some items that you’ve been requesting in the past; some are parts that have been discontinued and some are new and have never been offered before. These parts require special order and custom made components to complete, so we are asking for your commitment to purchase via a ‘group buy’ program.

Different offerings may have a different minimum quantity to purchase to see the project to completion. But this is a solution to help mitigate some of the high MOQs and material costs that may have limited our ability to offer these products to you.

All group buys will require a 50% deposit and once we hit the minimum group buy requirement, the orders will be built & fulfilled and then the remaining 50% will be charged. If we do not meet the minimum order quantity in 30 days, the project will be stopped and everyone who has provided a deposit will be refunded immediately, in full. I will be the only point of contact for these programs and the email for this is groupbuys@shelbyamerican.com.

Please do not turn these threads into a ‘wish list’ of what you think we should offer instead. We have a great general idea of the products customers are requesting (and working on quite a few) but in case you have something you think is new or an idea of how this program would be better for you, I always encourage you to email me directly. In turn, please check your member profiles and make sure your emails are up to date, as I’ll be contacting those that make the commitment to buy.

Our first Group Buy project is the ‘05-09 GT500 Complete brake duct kit. This will include:

• GT500KR bezels
  • Lower grille
  • 2.5” hose & backing plates with the CS logo
  • All needed hardware for vehicle installation.

Price will be an even $399.99. Minimum order for this group buy is 20 kits. ETA for completion once the minimum is reached is 30 days. Project due date for 'Group Buy I' is August 6th, 2014.

Please email me at groupbuys@shelbyamerican.com if you have any questions. Thank You!

GroupBuyI.JPG

I hope this program goes well for Shelby and our Team Shelby Forum Members. Do you think it would be possible, since you say you have a general idea of what forum members want, putting out a general list of what is on the drawing board or you folks in the parts department are "mulling" for limited production runs of specialty parts. I think this project is a good start by Shelby............ GG

I wish this had been available 3 months ago..... I wanted this setup, but went another route. That is a good deal. Would be good to know if this fits behind the Wilwood big brake kit with no clearance issues.

I hope this program goes well for Shelby and our Team Shelby Forum Members. Do you think it would be possible, since you say you have a general idea of what forum members want, putting out a general list of what is on the drawing board or you folks in the parts department are "mulling" for limited production runs of specialty parts. I think this project is a good start by Shelby............ GG

GG,

We will try to publish a list of potential items and get a feel for their popularity. This first Group Buy is going to teach us a lot. The more feedback we get the better the program will become...

AJ

Sure like the concept being presented here. Having the Shelby GT puts me on the side lines for the moment. Looking forward to next one.

Right now I have my eyes on few things in the Outlet listing.

DrKSGT

I wish this had been available 3 months ago..... I wanted this setup, but went another route. That is a good deal. Would be good to know if this fits behind the Wilwood big brake kit with no clearance issues.

ViperNC-

These backing plates will not clear the Wilwood calipers. This kit is designed specifically for the 07-09 GT500 cars and the majority will have either Brembo or Baer calipers, which these fit. We didn't start offering Wildwood until late 2010. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Man that is exciting. I will have to wait for a group by for the Shelby GT Group buy. I that one is comming. Thanks. This form is awsome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All-

I held out into the weekend for some last minute orders but unfortunately, we were not able to meet the minimum requirement to run these. Those with deposits will be refunded immediately. Thanks to all for the feedback and participation. I'm excited to be offering you another group buy shortly.

Keith, i am not a full TS member as yet, so this is just my opinion. I really like the idea of group buys, but having a Shelby GT i wouldn't have been up for this one. If it had been made available with either the GT500 grille, or the SGT bezels as an option i definitely would have been interested. Or, to make it even more open to everyone, just the brake duct kit and backing plates, no bezels. Like i said, just my opinion, and if i see that in the future, i will be on the list to buy for sure.

• 4 months later...

Hi AJ

I am curious about the SHELBY GT brake duct kit that JER was working on? Can you try to do a group buy for the Shelby GT brake duct kit that will clear the Large Shelby Radiator and Shelby heat exchanger? I have the whipple 550 and the old style brake duct kit doesn't work with the Shelby radiator and Shelby Heat exchanger.

I am sure you will sell 3 to 4 hundred kits within 6 months. Especially if you send out a mass email and plaster it all over facebook and TeamShelby......Oh Yeah and your eBay store.

• 8 months later...

Hi AJ

I am curious about the SHELBY GT brake duct kit that JER was working on? Can you try to do a group buy for the Shelby GT brake duct kit that will clear the Large Shelby Radiator and Shelby heat exchanger? I have the whipple 550 and the old style brake duct kit doesn't work with the Shelby radiator and Shelby Heat exchanger.

I am sure you will sell 3 to 4 hundred kits within 6 months. Especially if you send out a mass email and plaster it all over facebook and TeamShelby......Oh Yeah and your eBay store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived