TEAM SHELBY FORUM

After Market Hood Options For Larger Super Charger???

Anyone have experience with the Shelby SS hood verses any other after market hoods like Cervini ect...?

I'm installing a 4.2 Kenne Bell and have the K member installed that lowers the engine by .5 and already had to send the SS hood back because it required too much work to make it fit, and i feel the next one might not be any better is why im asking...Thx

Good to know about what Birddoc is using thx Thomas!

Yes i thought about cutting a hole, believe it or not i saw one on a Chrysler 300 V-series and it looked better than you think, but i dont think would look right on our car.

I'm still waiting for the second SS hood to be shipped, if i dont get something soon im moving on to option B.

Yes, I'm going to go with the trucarbon, i love the way they look and have heard its very little work and i can leave it unpainted, because have a black car and think it would good!

Thx for all of your help I'll send pics after its all done!!!

I'd strongly suggest that even if you leave it bare carbon, that you get it professionally clearcoated. The clearcoat that most aftermarket carbon fiber manufacturers doesn't hold up great after a couple years of use. My VIS racing hood on my old import went to hell and back after about 2 years. Would have been a lot cheaper to have it cleared beforehand.

Archived