TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lighted Door Sill Plates Never Worked.

CSX4833

Ok, called SPP and was told that if SA made my SS, that I automatically have lighted door sill plates. Mine have never lit. I didn't do anything because I didn't know they were supposed to be. SPP says if they don't light, it's because either:

1. They are not connected. Possible but neither side lights so what are the chances BOTH aren't connected.

2. Burned out fuse. I have no idea which fuse it would be and the fuse box is impossible to get to, but if anybody knows which fuse it might be, please let me know.

Anybody able to shed some light (pun intended) on my issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

06:

Well, I'm not sure. According to SPP all the SS's done at SAI did, but mine have never lit. I think SPP might be mistaken but before I take it to the dealer and pay fo them to see if it's something minor, I'd sure like to get a diffinative answer. Anybody know who I can ask that would know for sure?

Burned out fuse. I have no idea which fuse it would be and the fuse box is impossible to get to, but if anybody knows which fuse it might be, please let me know.

Why do you think the fuse box is impossible to get to? It is located in the lower passenger side area behind the kick panel. Open the trim panel door and remove the fuse cover to access the fuses. Check out page 232 and 233 of your basic Mustang Owner's Manual. It will tell you exactly what fuse services each circuit. I suspect the sill plates might be under courtesy lights (fuse #9). If you do not have an owners manual, here is the link: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Mustang

I found the fuse box, but old age prevents me from laying on my back and locating the proper fuse. However, all my courtesy lights work just fine.

Archived