TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Csx 2005 Goes To Pebble Beach Auction

mikeljgt500kr

Well, I remember back in 1970, I found a CSX 2000 series for sale in my home town in NM. We all laughed that the guy wanted $1500 for it. It was in decent shape, but had been raced and the interior was trashed. He sold it for $800. Very few wanted them in the '70s. I think the article is referring to 7 figure kind of "desirable". That is pretty recent.

Well, I remember back in 1970, I found a CSX 2000 series for sale in my home town in NM. We all laughed that the guy wanted $1500 for it. It was in decent shape, but had been raced and the interior was trashed. He sold it for $800. Very few wanted them in the '70s. I think the article is referring to 7 figure kind of "desirable". That is pretty recent.

Yeah, I know.....I was speaking more from the emotional standpoint of us Shelby fanatics on here :hysterical:

Well true, emotionally today us Shelby fanatics would never dream of passing up a real Cobra. But I have to admit, in the '70s my dream car was to get a '68 1/2 Cobra Jet Mustang, the Cobra just looked like a tiny, funky foreign car compared to those beasts…….. :)

Well true, emotionally today us Shelby fanatics would never dream of passing up a real Cobra. But I have to admit, in the '70s my dream car was to get a '68 1/2 Cobra Jet Mustang, the Cobra just looked like a tiny, funky foreign car compared to those beasts…….. :)

I had a book of all the "exotic" cars of the day, and out of all the beautiful Italian machines of the 60's I fell in love with the 427 Cobra!

Well, that and the Pantera.........I guess I've always had a Ford fetish :hysterical:

Archived