TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Tune For Tt 5.4L Super Snake F150 Raptor

Please Help Guys!

I built a mean Raptor 5.4 Twin Turbo and shes been fired and already running. I am looking for the higher end 800hp tune that was being used on the cars, or some sort of base to work off of. The injectors need scaled and I'm using Diablo Mafia with SCT Tuner.

Here's the details of the truck:

It's an 05 F150 Fx4 Quad Cab Donor. I picked it up in California from a fellow looking to get married so he sold it to me for a measly 12k. I'll be honest, this 12k couldn't leave my hand quick enough. Why? This guy already did the body work and fully converted this F150 into a raptor. The suspension was there, but it needed some help. He simply "made it work." When it got to me the Fox Shocks were on front and rear but there were also 6" wheel spacers on the Front and 4" on the rear. The truck sat already compressed on the front suspension because the control arms were short.

Here's what I've assembled:

5.4L Iron Block

Port n Polished Heads

Custom Billet Cams

Oliver Rods

ID2000 Injectors

Forged Crank

Diamond Forged Gasport Pistons

C&R Aluminum Radiator

Fabbed Front Control Arms Upper In House and Lower by RPG Offroad

Twin GARRETT 63mm Turbo's

AODE Built w/ 3800 Stall Converter Built in House

Anyway, everything else I built or fabbed and it'll be in the pictures. There's truly not much to talk about if she doesn't perform :shift:

The hope if for someone on here to be able to pass me any stock or upgraded of the SS Tunes. PLEASE HELP

Thanks in Advance!

GIL works at Hot Rods n Horse Power now! Shelby ins't telling anyone he doesn't even work there anymore. When I called and talked to Frankie, he said nothing. The secretary said "He's not at his desk". WTF is wrong with shelby?!

Cant admit they lost the goods?

I picked up software to tune it. /thread

Where did you get that? Can you give me more information?

I've been interested in the same for a long long time.

BTW, you can probably get a tune from Jon Lund via C. Van Collier/Revan Racing.

But I'm VERY interested in hearing more about the program you found or have to do your own tuning with.

TIA,

Phill

I've been emailing back n forth with John. I think were on the same page as far as the tune goes but we haven't set in stone if he's going to do it yet or not.

The software I picked up is the SCT Pro. I have SCT handhelds for all my vehicles so this makes things much easier. After looking over the software and reviewing the vehicle, I think I have a good idea of what has to happen to make things click. Remember, the donor was a 3v which has cam phasers so we simply adjust them.Since the vehicle is already running, I really only need to scale the injectors and the maf keeping in mind that the MAFia must be factored in. The processes are as follows.

Adaptive will be off for drivability tuning. Initial tuning will be open loop. Later we will go closed loop and use the adaptive algorithms.

Set Injector Size in Wizard

Set Fuel Pressure

Get coefficient for MAFia (comes in instructions, ours will be set to 3)

Use Coefficient to scale fuel low and high slopes

Set Air Displacement of 1 Cylinder

Set MAF Load with Fail (offset of counts)

There is a variable cam angle open and closed menu with options of Load and Torque IMRC's Since there will be no IMRC's both values will be the same.

This is where I am at with my learning. I am waiting to hear if John wants to tune this or not before I go at it myself. I have tuned in the past, but never something this capable. This engine should twist up 1200hp pretty easily. I put my converter lockup on a switch so as not to blow the converter at launch or in low gear. The estimates were around 700 ft/lbs just off the stall.

I'm getting eager to drive this thing. I am finishing up some of the wiring on her since this is basically my Luxary Bugout Truck. It's got a 5k watt inverter, 4 Yellow Tops, 4 12" Kicker Subs, 4 8" Kicker subs, On Board Air Compressor, Stand Alone 15k BTU A/C System, Alpine 8 INch Touch Screen, and a trailier going together with Raptor Details to run behind it. Wait till you see what's in store for this build as a whole!

I'm glad to share any info. I could use the help too.

• 2 weeks later...

I started and ran the truck for a good 5 minutes on 93 octane today. I'm going to switch the tune over now for E85 and to another vehicle platform and go from there. SCT really isn't hard at all. I could see the user creating some serious detail, but from what I have learned so far you are simply turning on and off features that are already specific to an ECU. For everything else, you are setting a value of 100% that works within the range of the sensor; being either 5v or 12v, though the injectors are offset to account for voltage differences. The computer simply has to be able to read the sensor between that range and you get to Einstein your way through until you get to the point where you can press the magic "Adaptive Learning" button. :superhero:

Cliffhanger....... I'm not there yet, so I can't tell you my results of pushing that button. :banghead:

In case you're wondering, I have spoken to many tuners about this truck and so far everyone is scared. This is why I am now learning to tune. After all these years of building, now comes the hard part. Haha I have a new respect for the guys who took the time to learn this. It can be frustrating to say the least and I really don't know too many people who can practice on perfectly good vehicles. :hat_tip:

Tomorrow I will shoot for a video of the first drive. Wish me luck!

I started and ran the truck for a good 5 minutes on 93 octane today. I'm going to switch the tune over now for E85 and to another vehicle platform and go from there. SCT really isn't hard at all. I could see the user creating some serious detail, but from what I have learned so far you are simply turning on and off features that are already specific to an ECU. For everything else, you are setting a value of 100% that works within the range of the sensor; being either 5v or 12v, though the injectors are offset to account for voltage differences. The computer simply has to be able to read the sensor between that range and you get to Einstein your way through until you get to the point where you can press the magic "Adaptive Learning" button. :superhero:

Cliffhanger....... I'm not there yet, so I can't tell you my results of pushing that button. :banghead:

In case you're wondering, I have spoken to many tuners about this truck and so far everyone is scared. This is why I am now learning to tune. After all these years of building, now comes the hard part. Haha I have a new respect for the guys who took the time to learn this. It can be frustrating to say the least and I really don't know too many people who can practice on perfectly good vehicles. :hat_tip:

Tomorrow I will shoot for a video of the first drive. Wish me luck!

This is all very interesting. I've seen people tune other cars and believe me, if THEY can do it you can do it (THEY being idiots!).

Keeping a eye on this thread.

Phill

Okay, 10 minutes later and I got it up and running. Now if anyone wants to look over the tune, please let me know.

See if you can find "Black Shelby" on here or on the SVT Performance forum.

He knows Ford tunes like no others.

Phill

Archived