TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby Shelby With Hid's - How To Make Daytime Running Lights

canknucklehead

I am importing a 2008 Shelby GT500 from San Diego to Canada. It has the optional headlights. I know I need to make the foglights stay on as soon as the key is turned on - to become the Daytime Running Lights. Does anyone know anyone in the SoCal area that has done it or can do it. I have contacted 3 ford dealers in the San Diego area and they don't want to have any part of it?? Can't be that hard? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

I know when I brought a 2008 GT500 from Colorado to Alberta I had the same issue, I needed the day time running lights. I can't remember if I had the fog lights turned on or the main head lights but we did it at the dealership. There was a change made to the programming and it was really easy.

I suggest that you ask some of your local dealerships in Canada near where you live if they are familiar with the code change required to accomplish this. A good service guy should be able to help you out with this. After all, you don't need the daytime running lights to bring it across the border, you only need them on when you get your out of country inspection.

Good luck, it's worth the effort.

QSS

Should be able to turn headlights or driving lights at a dealer by reprogramming body control module.

That sounds like what we did. It was only a couple of lines of code that were changed to make this happen. Of course you can't do it yourself, only the dealership has the correct access/progamming tools/laptop to make this happen but rest assured, it can happen.

QSS

I am importing a 2008 Shelby GT500 from San Diego to Canada. It has the optional headlights. I know I need to make the foglights stay on as soon as the key is turned on - to become the Daytime Running Lights. Does anyone know anyone in the SoCal area that has done it or can do it. I have contacted 3 ford dealers in the San Diego area and they don't want to have any part of it?? Can't be that hard? Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

I sold my black 09 with HID headlights to a guy in Toronto. The HID's can't be dimmed to use as DRL's so the fog lights need to be used as the DRL's. He told me that all the dealer did was to run a jumper wire to the fog light relay. Its a simple 5 minute fix. I tried it and it works fine but I disconnected it because I don't want or need the DRL's. If you send me your email I will send you the diagram I was sent of what needs to be jumped.

I'm not an authority on this I'm just passing on info I picked up from a fellow GT500 owner on what the Canadian dealer did to his car to make it Canada legal.

Yes, that is exactly what I was told. If your car has the regular headlights, all you need to do is change the code at a Ford dealer in Canada, however, if the car is equiped with the optional HID headlights, then you need to make your fog lights the daytime running lights by jumping them so that they come on with the key.

Yes, that is exactly what I was told. If your car has the regular headlights, all you need to do is change the code at a Ford dealer in Canada, however, if the car is equiped with the optional HID headlights, then you need to make your fog lights the daytime running lights by jumping them so that they come on with the key.

Diagram emailed

I've had a few request for the diagram for jumping the fog light relay to use them as DRL's. I am attaching the diagram but use this info at your own risk.

Again: I'm not an authority on this I'm just passing on info I picked up from a fellow GT500 owner on what a Canadian dealer did to his car to make it Canada legal.

DRLJumper.jpg

Archived