TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt Brake Duct & Fog Light Bezels

This is what I was told by AJ "Now you can reach our Go-To Team at (844) 283-5750: Wendy, Tim, Brian, Chas, Bill and Keith will gladly answer all of your questions".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

What is the deal here? I keep reading that these aren't available, yet many of the SGT's that I see on here have the lower billet grill combined with the brake duct/driving light bezels. If they aren't available, what are you guys using? Combined with the clear cornering lenses, this is a clean, classy look that is the first mod I want to do to my 07. It's also functional, as I don't like the exposed radiator. tia, dlucas

They were available a long, long, long time ago.

As far as your exposed lower radiator, you can get the matching lower grille. That is available. The brake duct/light assembly would actually not help that as those pieces replace the plastic side non functional grilles you have now.

Never mind, I can't find the lower grille available any longer.

Looks like if you want to put on front brake ducting on a stock SGT front fascia you'll have to go to Agent47 for the ducting kit and as far as the lower grille goes maybe try someone like Silverhorse Racing for the panels to cover the lower opening. You still will not have the lights but..... Just a suggestion.

Looks like if you want to put on front brake ducting on a stock SGT front fascia you'll have to go to Agent47 for the ducting kit and as far as the lower grille goes maybe try someone like Silverhorse Racing for the panels to cover the lower opening. You still will not have the lights but..... Just a suggestion.

Fun side factoid about the Agent 47 brake ducts: Back when my car was a rental in San Diego, they rented and used my car for the development of these brake ducts and their side window ducts. This picture from their web site is my actual car.

102Agent47pic_zps91ca850f.gif

I modified a KR kit to work on my SGT, I cut out the mesh pattern in the side plates and put the ducting attachment part behind it. it looks totally factory and stealthy to the untrained eye

dlucas - good luck finding the brake duct/driving light bezels! I've got a spare set, but I'm hanging on to those for now.

That being said, be aware there is a second generation of these that SAI brought out - IMHO, these second generation versions, though they are functional, really look cheap. You might find someone willing to part with a set of these.

Now, when Jer was with SAI, they were developing a third generation version that swapped the positions of the brake duct and driving lights so that the lights would be inboard, and the brake ducts outboard. This would have solved the problem of interference between the brake ducts and the radiator or heat exchanger that many people have - including myself! It's a real shame that third generation version died when Jer was let go by SAI!

With the Edelbrock S/C, and others, that heat exchanger really mucks up the works when trying to run brake ducts - I got them installed, but it's incredibly tight and I had to make some modifications to allow the duct work to bend around get to the brakes!

That's the reason for my buying the second set - I see promise in modifying these first generation bezels, i.e., swapping postions between the lights and brake duct inlet.

Sam

I know, I'm a pest...Just wondering if the PIAA fog lights you guys used are compatible with the Ford wiring. In other words, do they switch on and off through the oem headlight switch? If not, can somebody steer me to a small light that will?

I know, I'm a pest...Just wondering if the PIAA fog lights you guys used are compatible with the Ford wiring. In other words, do they switch on and off through the oem headlight switch? If not, can somebody steer me to a small light that will?

No, you'll need to splice them into the exiting foglight harness that was left tucked away during the conversion, and yes the OEM switch will work.

Just an fyi... The search function is your friend, there are a few threads on installing the Shelby Duct/Light Kit along with alternate foglight installations.

Here's an example:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79495-piaa-driving-light/?hl=%2Bfog+%2Blights

I wonder how this is showing up for you when you look under exterior parts and when I try to find it I can't? Thanks for sharing the link.

FYI, I received my grill yesterday afternoon. This link did work.

dlucas

• 4 months later...

They were available a long, long, long time ago.

As far as your exposed lower radiator, you can get the matching lower grille. That is available. The brake duct/light assembly would actually not help that as those pieces replace the plastic side non functional grilles you have now.

Never mind, I can't find the lower grille available any longer.

American muscle I think carries a honey comb lower grille that might look ok. It's $89

dlucas - good luck finding the brake duct/driving light bezels! I've got a spare set, but I'm hanging on to those for now.

That being said, be aware there is a second generation of these that SAI brought out - IMHO, these second generation versions, though they are functional, really look cheap. You might find someone willing to part with a set of these.

Now, when Jer was with SAI, they were developing a third generation version that swapped the positions of the brake duct and driving lights so that the lights would be inboard, and the brake ducts outboard. This would have solved the problem of interference between the brake ducts and the radiator or heat exchanger that many people have - including myself! It's a real shame that third generation version died when Jer was let go by SAI!

With the Edelbrock S/C, and others, that heat exchanger really mucks up the works when trying to run brake ducts - I got them installed, but it's incredibly tight and I had to make some modifications to allow the duct work to bend around get to the brakes!

That's the reason for my buying the second set - I see promise in modifying these first generation bezels, i.e., swapping postions between the lights and brake duct inlet.

Sam

Hi Shelby Parts Department,

Any chance the driving project lights mentioned above will ever be for sale again by Shelby? GG

• 1 month later...

I gathered these pieces (Original Brake Duct/Light bezels and GT500 backing plate with hoses, etc.) to put on my GT/CS coupe with 07-09 GT500 brakes. Never got around to it before selling the car. Perhaps someone would like to use them? I want too much; storage is not a problem, so I can be patient; what you see is what you get.

$750.00 plus shipping

frank at fsheff dot com

• 1 month later...

They have been saying since some time around 2010 that these would be returned but it's all lies

SAI has proven time and again that they don't care about us because these are cars they have already sold and these aren't big $ items and ultimately it is $AI. They don't return calls nor emails and if you ever finally get ahold of somebody they never seem to know what's going on. They even brought back the "Shelby gt" nameplate despite swearing up and down they would only make them for the original 2 years only. Now you can even get a 4 cylinder Shelby gt which isn't even a Gt.

Archived