TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Final Production Of 2011-2014 Production

Does anyone know if the SA GT350 production for all model years is now complete and what are the final production numbers for each year and total of the GT350 series produced. A break down of the colors and body types would be good as well.

Does anyone know if the SA GT350 production for all model years is now complete and what are the final production numbers for each year and total of the GT350 series produced. A break down of the colors and body types would be good as well.

2011 numbers have been on Team Shelby for perhaps two years.

2012-14 numbers are being worked on but will not be finalized/released until the last car has been built/delivered. The previously announced 12/31/2013 GT350 cut-off date was only for getting a deposit/order into the sales department. We are still working with owners on getting their base car to us.

Steve

Steve-

Why can't you post 2012 numbers?

That model year has been closed for some time now.

The data should be readily available.

Pat

Unfortunately there are open orders even for the 2012 model year and these open orders are no fault of SAI. All it takes is one or more owners to drag their feet on shipping their car to us and there comes the delay in the build audit that will lead to number crunching and official build numbers.

I'm putting as much pressure as I can on the sales department to nudge these "stragglers" into action.

Steve

The compilation of the numbers has to be done at some point. Might as well do it now and get it out of the way. The build/production numbers sheet could easily be referred to, and dated as a "current to date but not final". Technology allows us to update a spreadsheet with new figures quickly. Sounds to me like procrastination and or interferring with leisure time at work.

• 3 months later...

This is somewhat ridiculous, however, nothing we can control. Will Shelby American e-mail existing 2012 Shelby GT 350 owners the production numbers and breakdown of styles, i.e. conv, hard top and colors?

• 3 weeks later...

On the Final Production numbers I was wondering how many 2011 GT 350's had beige interior's is this something that SA tracks?

Interior color was not tracked but that doesn't mean it couldn't be followed up on at a later date. When the 2011 numbers were crunched the interior was broken down by only two scenarios. Scenario one, stock interior from Ford. Scenario two, interior upgrade option from SAI.

Steve

Sounds like the 2012 production numbers are getting close, since the dialogue has opened back up. I'm thinking maybe by Thanksgiving! 2014 that is!

Yes all 2012 GT350's reservations have now been built/delivered/cancelled so we are now in the auditing process. Once that is done then comes come the number crunching and posting of the results for all 2012 GT350's including the 50th Anniversary models.

Steve

Archived