TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Sticker

I recently noticed that the sticker is missing from my radiator reservoir and went to a local dealership to try to get a replacement. I was told that they would have to order it which I expected...after waiting for several weeks, was finally told that in order to get a sticker, I would have to purchase a replacement tank....Now, this is a 2012 GT 500 and since they are telling me that I have to order a replacement tank, I'm thinking that it should be covered under warranty...any thoughts here? All we are talking about is the sticker that shows what type of fluid to use in the tank...I'm thinking it's crazy to have to order a new tank...but, if that is how Ford wants to be, I think they should replace the entire tank...

post-19184-0-72815400-1403706819_thumb.jpg

Yes I've seen that before. Ford stocks and replaces lots of things via sub-assemblies. If anything in a particular sub-assembly is broken, the entire sub-assembly needs to be replaced. For example, when changing the fuel filter in my Ford Crown Victoria, I broke a plastic clip that secures the filter to the fuel line. I went to the dealer and asked for a new clip. They said the clip isn't sold separately, I needed to buy a new assembly that included both the fuel lines and the clips. The assembly was hundreds of dollars. Fortunately I found that NAPA sells a package of several of the clips for a few dollars.

So you may be out of luck if you want a brand-new sticker from Ford without buying the entire assembly. I agree that your best bet is to argue that the sticker falling off is a defect that's covered by the warranty.

Sorry, but I am throwing the BS flag on this one........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-RADIATOR-COOLANT-RESERVOIR-DECAL-STICKER-2006-2012-FUSION-MILAN-ZEPHYR-MKZ-/281212593754?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417993a65a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Mustang+7U5Z-8B099-A&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X7U5Z-8B099-A&_nkw=7U5Z-8B099-A&_sacat=0

I know this one says Gold coolant instead of Orange, but if it is available for these cars, surely it is available for the Shelby.........

Call the vendor or send them an e bay message......

Fricken Dealers........ :rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:

Could be a lazy parts person. Can you believe one time I went to the dealer for a drain plug gasket (on my other car). He said they had 3 in stock, according to his computer, but said "IT WOULD BE EASIER TO ORDER ONE IN THAN TO GO LOOK FOR IT IN THE STOCK ROOM!". I said, "I'm here now, go look for it now.", as I walked out the door never to return! Talk about LAZY!

Could be a lazy parts person. Can you believe one time I went to the dealer for a drain plug gasket (on my other car). He said they had 3 in stock, according to his computer, but said "IT WOULD BE EASIER TO ORDER ONE IN THAN TO GO LOOK FOR IT IN THE STOCK ROOM!". I said, "I'm here now, go look for it now.", as I walked out the door never to return! Talk about LAZY!

You should have stayed and made him go look for it and once he found it ask to speak to the manager and explain your displeasure .... buy it and hopefully give the worker a shot in the ass he clearly needs.

Sorry, but I am throwing the BS flag on this one........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-RADIATOR-COOLANT-RESERVOIR-DECAL-STICKER-2006-2012-FUSION-MILAN-ZEPHYR-MKZ-/281212593754?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417993a65a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Mustang+7U5Z-8B099-A&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X7U5Z-8B099-A&_nkw=7U5Z-8B099-A&_sacat=0

I know this one says Gold coolant instead of Orange, but if it is available for these cars, surely it is available for the Shelby.........

Call the vendor or send them an e bay message......

Fricken Dealers........ :rant2::rant2::rant2::rant2:

Thanks gotoatz! That is a slightly different part number, but exactly what I need to replace the missing one! The exact part number that is on mine is somewhat different as you can see in the photo, but I'll take this one...already ordered as a matter of fact! Thanks again!

Well, I didn't notice that it says GOLD instead of ORANGE until after I had already ordered it, but hey...it will do until I can actually find a replacement or decide to buy another tank...Why print a part number on it if it is obsolete or no replacement is indicated though...I don't understand that...

Well, I just got a call from my local dealership...I had asked my salesman about getting the sticker and he said he would see what he could do...Parts guy just called and stated that he had a new tank for me...just pick it up and put the old tank in the box when I get done...restores my faith in some dealerships...

Well, I just got a call from my local dealership...I had asked my salesman about getting the sticker and he said he would see what he could do...Parts guy just called and stated that he had a new tank for me...just pick it up and put the old tank in the box when I get done...restores my faith in some dealerships...

Excellent news!!! CONGRATS to being the squeaky wheel....

Archived