TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track Down The Work Done On A Shelby (If Any)

N8s08SGT

Team Shelby,

Just purchased a 2008 VB Shelby GT and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on how to track down if any work has been done on my car. I'm curious about the stripes and whether or not they are stock as well the hood and scoop. There is the bubbling around the hood pins and sag/warp in the hood scoop...the stripes still look good other than on the roof.

There may be no way to track this info down, just thought I would ask.

-Nate

If it had any warrantee work done, it would be in Ford's Oasis system. If you can find a service advisor at your local Ford dealership who is friendly enough, they may find out for you. Basically, any work done to the car through Ford would be in their system. No such work like that was done through Shelby. If there were warrantee items completed on Shelby parts, it would still had to have gone through Ford.

Congrats on your purchase!

Team Shelby,

Just purchased a 2008 VB Shelby GT and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on how to track down if any work has been done on my car. I'm curious about the stripes and whether or not they are stock as well the hood and scoop. There is the bubbling around the hood pins and sag/warp in the hood scoop...the stripes still look good other than on the roof.

There may be no way to track this info down, just thought I would ask.

-Nate

Sounds like the original (or maybe gen 2) scoop and the bubbles around the hood pins are corrosion.

If it had any warrantee work done, it would be in Ford's Oasis system. If you can find a service advisor at your local Ford dealership who is friendly enough, they may find out for you. Basically, any work done to the car through Ford would be in their system. No such work like that was done through Shelby. If there were warrantee items completed on Shelby parts, it would still had to have gone through Ford.

Congrats on your purchase!

Thanks Jeff. I'll start with Ford. Hopefully I can befriend a service advisor there. ha!

-Nate

Sounds like the original (or maybe gen 2) scoop and the bubbles around the hood pins are corrosion.

Thanks!

What type of Corrosion? I was hoping from other threads it was simply the paint bubbling...Do you know what material the stock hoods are made of?

I went to our local Ford dealership before I handed my check over and they gave me a print out of the Ford service record for my car. I was having our other Ford serviced there which may have helped.

Does anybody know if there's a Ford Service employee on these forums that has access to the Oasis System? Thought I would ask....

Contrary to an earlier post, SAI (Las Vegas) did replace stripes and scoops as well as warranty work, at least I would call it warranty repairs.

My hood was repainted at SAI due to corrosion around the hood pins, as well as replacing my hood scoop and hood stripes.

Well, there you go. If you had issues and your car happened to be in Vegas, then it looks like they handled it directly in some cases. That's different from what some previous employees stated. Normal policy on most cars was through Ford with some exceptions obviously. Not surprising! :).

Thanks!

What type of Corrosion? I was hoping from other threads it was simply the paint bubbling...Do you know what material the stock hoods are made of?

Galvanic corrosion due to dis-similar metals... specifically aluminum hood and stainless steel screws.

Contrary to an earlier post, SAI (Las Vegas) did replace stripes and scoops as well as warranty work, at least I would call it warranty repairs.

My hood was repainted at SAI due to corrosion around the hood pins, as well as replacing my hood scoop and hood stripes.

Thanks for information. This is good to know. I wish my vehicle was still covered for these issues - Scoop & Corrosion. They are really the only "noticeable" blemishes I have currently and I would LOVE to get them fixed.

The hood scoop and stripes on both of my Shelby BJ SGT convertibles were replace by Shelby in Vegas when they were in to get the GT/SC conversion. That did NOT show up on OASIS.

Thanks for the info! This is what I was afraid of...not all repairs will show in the Ford OASIS database. I understand that repairs handled outside of these places &/or by a "buddy" or DIY will never be tracked. However, I would think with owning a Shelby you would have these repairs done by the proper avenues, because of the car it is...maybe I'm just unrealistic.

Well, there you go. If you had issues and your car happened to be in Vegas, then it looks like they handled it directly in some cases. That's different from what some previous employees stated. Normal policy on most cars was through Ford with some exceptions obviously. Not surprising! :).

Thanks Jeff. I'm not surprised either. Ha!

Galvanic corrosion due to dis-similar metals... specifically aluminum hood and stainless steel screws.

Good to know Doug, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a CarFax when I purchased my Boss302 and it showed work done at a Midas muffler shop when the previous owner had Roush axle backs installed. So you might try that as well.

It would be extremely rare for any repair/warranty work performed at SAI to be in Ford's Oasis system. I can only recall a couple of times that a repair was costly enough for us to take the car over to the local Vegas dealer so that the repair would be picked up by Ford. Normally small repairs performed at SAI would be absorbed by SAI.

Steve

Great, thanks! I actually called the Ford dealership I purchased the vehicle from and asked them nicely if they would pull the OASIS data for my car. They were nice enough to reply with the printout. Not really anything done to it...so that's good. Im pretty sure it still has the original (in very good shape) vinyl stripes, that "wavy/warped" hood scoop, and the corrosion around the hood pins. haha. I suppose i'll need to shell out some dough at some point to get that dang hood & scoop fixed :-(

I ran a CarFax when I purchased my Boss302 and it showed work done at a Midas muffler shop when the previous owner had Roush axle backs installed. So you might try that as well.

Thanks! I actually received a CarFax report from the dealership before I purchased the Shelby. A prerequisite before any vehicle purchase ;-)

-Nate

Archived