TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For A Stereo That Works With The Shelby Kicker

GT Beck

So I was going to get a nice touchscreen stereo for my car and the guy said it wouldn't work with the Shelby 4.1 dsp amp. I was thinking of changing out the amp just to get this certain stereo but then I thought why don't I get a stereo that works with the amp? Anyone have any suggestions for a nice touchscreen with dvd and bluetooth?

Ford has a GREAT Stereo, I can never understand why people want to change it out for an aftermarket.

As long as you don't let your battery die. Replace your battery and a high percentage of shaker head units will no longer have a working CD player.

Battery died and killed my cd player. Plus I would like something up to date like bluetooth so I can listen to my songs from my phone plus Pandora and have access to every radio station in the world. Plus play dvd's. Not asking much.

Make sure your wiring is up to the task and the alternator can handle the load. I have seen so many failures because the car's original electrical and audio system was only built for what came with the car, not any aftermarket upgrades.

I went with a Pioneer Avic 7 series, NAV, DVD, CD SAT unit. Looks and sounds great. Been there for several years now never a problem plus it's a satellite based unit, it knows the speed limit wherever you are because it's real easy to do over the limit in these things. It will give you an audible alert if your exceeding the limit. Trust me I turned it off, it was like having my wife in the car, slow down your going over the speed limit. ;)

Check Crutchfield they have a lot to chose from,and they will help with the right wiring adapters.

Their prices might be a little higher,but the US based tech support is well worth it.

I went with a JVC head unit after I had a dead battery which killed my shaker 1000.

Archived