TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Injector Dynamics Id 1000's

Hey guys has anyone installed these yet, I got them from Van but he's on vacation and I don't want to bother him. Seems like there are electrical connectors in a separate bag so I'm wondering if I have to get a pin kit and retrofit the stock connectors. I'm hoping these are plug and play. Also was wondering if you use the clip to hold them to the fuel rail... would have been nice if there were instructions with these pieces.

any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Hey guys has anyone installed these yet, I got them from Van but he's on vacation and I don't want to bother him. Seems like there are electrical connectors in a separate bag so I'm wondering if I have to get a pin kit and retrofit the stock connectors. I'm hoping these are plug and play. Also was wondering if you use the clip to hold them to the fuel rail... would have been nice if there were instructions with these pieces.

any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

They are replacements and as a Tech you are expected to know how to R&R a injector. You won't find instructions in ANY replacement part that I can think of.

As for the extra connectors in the box; Do the connectors match, from the new injector to the OEM harness?

If not, then yes...You will have to use the new connector body. The pins can be a real bitch to get out until you figure the first one out and then it's all a breeze. I have a assortment of pin tools I get to use but you can typically use a paper clip or straight pin to do the job.

I use the keepers to keep the injectors in place. It's a very high pressure line and if one slips out even a tad, you will have a big mess on your hands and VERY possibly a fire.

Phill

Plug and play... they fit perfect, no need to replace the connector and yes you use the clip on the rail side..these are aftermarket injectors and I believe they should come with some type of installation sheet.

Thanks for the info Phil.

Greg

• 5 months later...

Archived