TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Addition To The Family

cobrakidz

I have wanted a beater Tiger for years now to go with my restored Tiger--yesterday was the day. The car was originally built in the 70's and redone in the 90's. Total Control did the suspension---coil overs, 4 wheel disc brakes, 9" rear, 4 link, rack and pinion steering, tube frame, etc.......not much left of the original car except the external sheet metal and the word "Tiger" on the pink slip..haha. Flared fenders that I want to massage a little (the rears are a tad too big) cover HRE wheels. Traditional 289 with 4 speed and it rides and handles awesome. I will keep you posted with progress pics, it's a driver so work will be slow this summer. Oh yeah, it's loud too. :)

2zjb2fp.jpg

Congrats!!! Looks like a whole lot of fun to do what ever you want with. Sometimes it's nice to find a completely molested classic. Completely relieves any angst about making it a driver or modifying it how ever you want. Perfect candidate! I'm in the process of building a '69 Datsun 2000 roadster into my own version of what Carroll would have done with it. My new Ford Racing 5.0 Coyote should be here this week. When I bought the car, it was already modified for a regular Ford 5.0 with a narrowed 9" rear end, etc., so same thing, that opens the door for me to do whatever I want with it without the Dat Roadster community coming down on me! :)

Jeff--the Datsun should be a blast. My friend had 3 of them, sold 2 and has a BRE replica left--cool little cars. I am excited with my new car--it is so far from stock there is no going back and I can't wait to modify it even more. I am sure the Tiger community will be a little upset. :)

Got rid of the front bumper today, moved the fog lites and added the stock grill. I want to make a lower air dam and lower the car a little, should be easy with the coil overs.

2cpdo36.jpg

I think you are going perfect on this. I like what you want to do with the front and agree on the rear fenders. With more tire it might be ok, but I agree that it will be better to take about a 1/2 inch from the front of the flare and maybe up to 1 to 2" from the rear to make it symetrical over the tire. Can't wait to see more!

I think you are going perfect on this. I like what you want to do with the front and agree on the rear fenders. With more tire it might be ok, but I agree that it will be better to take about a 1/2 inch from the front of the flare and maybe up to 1 to 2" from the rear to make it symetrical over the tire. Can't wait to see more!

I agree.........she will look amazing once you're finished kidz.

Thanks guys--need to brush up on my fiberglass skills. I will actually be taking close to 3" from the rear of the back flares. I have wanted a "beater" for years, now I can do whatever I want and there is no right or wrong. Hope to see some of you in Tahoe with my "nice" Tiger Saturday.

Thanks guys--need to brush up on my fiberglass skills. I will actually be taking close to 3" from the rear of the back flares. I have wanted a "beater" for years, now I can do whatever I want and there is no right or wrong. Hope to see some of you in Tahoe with my "nice" Tiger Saturday.

Bruce,

I just now caught this thread. Cool stuff amigo. Definitely keep us posted.

I'm sure you had a blast with Jim & Russ at "Snakes at the Lake" yesterday.

Congrat's! I am jealous because I owned a Tiger years ago and would love to have it back. It was an early model with a 260, #191 with a black vinyl dash. I had plans to vintage race it at one time. Have fun with your twin Tiger's!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

haha--good eye, I will get on that. I have had the front suspension apart several times now trying to find the "perfect" springs for the coil overs. Since this is an old race car it is very stiff, 600's were way too stiff so I tried 300's, too soft. Took those out and tried 440's---much better. I think the suspension is ok for now so the next item on the list will be to repair and reshape the rear flares. The fun never stops......

5d5apc.jpg

• 3 months later...