TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Gt/sc Vert - Market Value

mfield2a

I'm trying to assess what the "fair market value" is for a '08 GT/SC is at today for a friend of mine who is kicking around the idea of selling. The car has right around 3k miles, package installed by Tasca with a 550 black whipple, registered with Shebly. Car has ambient lighting, HiD's and Shaker 1000. It's a 5sp car. I see GT verts pulling in $27k - $29k. But it has been sometime since one has sold. I guess the fair question is how much % value is the SC package brining?

I don't think I've seen a convertible as you are describing on the market, so it's going to be difficult to assess comparable values. I'll take a guess and stab at $35-38K. I think it's "worth" a heck of a lot more than that, but the market is "dumb" when it comes to these cars right now. Gosh, you can barely get into a new fully loaded V6 Mustang and then consider NEW car taxes and other fees.... seems like a no-brainer to jump at a car like this (or any other used late model Shelby).

I would start out asking $40K and go as low as $38K

The car retailed for $48K when new and the SC upgrade would have been $10 to 12K depending upon when it was installed. Your looking at 60K for the car and it only has 3,000 miles on it. It pretty much is a new car.

I don't think I've seen a convertible as you are describing on the market, so it's going to be difficult to assess comparable values. I'll take a guess and stab at $35-38K. I think it's "worth" a heck of a lot more than that, but the market is "dumb" when it comes to these cars right now. Gosh, you can barely get into a new fully loaded V6 Mustang and then consider NEW car taxes and other fees.... seems like a no-brainer to jump at a car like this (or any other used late model Shelby).

I got 38K for my BJ SGT/SC and that was 3.5 years ago and they haven't gone up. Right now I'd guess closer to 30K for a Shelby GT/SC conversion (not just a whipple from a speed shop).

I agree that the market is dumb about the Shelby GT. They are more dumb about the GT/SC package. This is a mod, and you do mods to enjoy them, not to add value to the car, so a regular 2008 Mustang with a whipple on it gets pennies on the dollar for the SC upgrade. The market will also only give the Shelby installed package what a standard Mustang SC gets, which as I said isn't much.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I thought 38K was way too low 3.5 years ago, especially after what I had in it. But something is worth only what someone else is willing to pay.

That would be true of anything. But you need a starting point. That is why I thought 30K was low.

All makes sense to me ... $35k -$38k

I think it depends Highly on how fast you want to sell it, I would ask $36-38K and expect $34-36K, for a fast sale $30-32K IMO. I thought about selling and for that amount I just could not do it. I took the car for a ride today, it was a blast. Might sell one day.....

Good Luck!!!