TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mile High Gt500

Gt50014

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new 2014 gt500 black with black stripes coupe. It has every option except glass roof, paid msrp at autonation in denver. They actually had 5 to choose from but I was there for exactly what I bought. I wanted this year, color combo, nav, recaro, track pack, performance pack, shaker...it's perfect for me. When I say wanted..... what I should say is dreamt about for 5 years. I feel very lucky to have found the exact car I wanted within 45 min of my home in boulder.

This isn't my first mustang, after owing a few camaros and firebirds in high school I traded a 97 camaro anniversary edition for a 98 gt mustang....and never looked back. I also currently own a low mile 2004 triple black convertible cobra and a black 97 cobra with only 6k miles.

This new car is insane and I'm addicted. This last weekend we went to the mustang round up in steam boat springs colorado about 4 hrs from my house, we drove our new car through poudre canyon and it was amazing. The round up was really fun, 400 or so cars and a beautiful town.

post-43483-0-91297700-1402878202_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Are you north of Denver (most people wouldn't take that route unless you're in Boulder, Loveland, etc).

It's a great car. You're lucky to get a 2014 since it's the last year of the true big bore V8s.

Be careful though, it's easy to get sideways on cold pavement!

There are some cool car shows in Northern CO:

• Estes Park car show on the 4th of July. it's a great show with lots of different kinds of cars.
  • All American Car Show (sponsored by the Northern Colorado Mustang Car Club, NCMCC) 5-Jul.
  • The Northern Colorado Mustang club also has one at the Outlet Malls at I25&US34 that is a good show too.
  • Horsefeathers 2-Aug.

See the mountain region for posts on locations and sign up sheets.

Welcome! We probably walked by each other this weekend in Steamboat. I tried to meet most of the Shelby owners, but there were a lot of us there, over 60 late model Shelbys. I have some great shots that I'll be posting up on the RMMR thread in the Mountain Region section this week.

Thanks everyone, glad to be here

Welcome! Are you north of Denver (most people wouldn't take that route unless you're in Boulder, Loveland, etc).

It's a great car. You're lucky to get a 2014 since it's the last year of the true big bore V8s.

Be careful though, it's easy to get sideways on cold pavement!

There are some cool car shows in Northern CO:

• Estes Park car show on the 4th of July. it's a great show with lots of different kinds of cars.
  • All American Car Show (sponsored by the Northern Colorado Mustang Car Club, NCMCC) 5-Jul.
  • The Northern Colorado Mustang club also has one at the Outlet Malls at I25&US34 that is a good show too.
  • Horsefeathers 2-Aug.
See the mountain region for posts on locations and sign up sheets.

Thanks for the list, I moved up from Tx so I'm not familiar with events here. I live in erie so it wasn't far out of the way to go through the canyon. I see you have a ford GT, it's my new dream car for sure!

Welcome! We probably walked by each other this weekend in Steamboat. I tried to meet most of the Shelby owners, but there were a lot of us there, over 60 late model Shelbys. I have some great shots that I'll be posting up on the RMMR thread in the Mountain Region section this week.

There were a surprising number of late model cobras there, what a great time. I'm going back every year for sure.

Gt50014,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your triple black GT500. She's a beauty!

Thanks, I can't stop smiling and it's already been 1300 miles :)

Archived