TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Parts?

Has anyone ever heard if the "headlights and the windshield on a 2007 Shelby GT is a special Shelby part and not the same as the normal Ford Mustang GT parts"?Having some work done at a Ford dealership and they are wanting to charge me more due to the above explanation they told me. Sounds like BS to me. Anyone help me out with the truth?

Yup. BS.

Which headlight do you need? I may have one here in my garage… along with a ton of other stuff, if you need it.

PM me.

Jer

I tried to PM you but site said you couldn't accept any new PM's... Box Full?

see below

THis is the reason the dealership's estimate is more than the insurance company's quote to repair my car:
"He gave you a 350 allowance on the black textured piece that is not being replaced...he also figured on the parts that are being replaced base mustang parts and not Shelby parts so they would have been the wrong headlights, the side markers are the same on all of them and the grille would have been incorrect. The windshield was figured for a gt not a Shelby and has the horse design in the top. If we fix the vehicle per the insurance estimate you would have V6/GT parts on it instead of Shelby parts. When I figured out why the part numbers were not the same I looked into why they were different numbers and prices they come up as V6/base/GT and the Shelby parts are different numbers and prices."
I think I should get the car out of their along with all the parts they have removed from the car, would you agree?

I think I should get the car out of their along with all the parts they have removed from the car, would you agree?

Yup!

As for my PM mailbox, Shelby must have reduced my size when I left. It USED to be unlimited.

Jer

It's interesting the part numbers FORD has for some parts on these cars case in point is the rear bumper for 07, 3 different part numbers (with different pricing) yet they are all identical parts:

7r3z17k835aaptm GT/CS & Shelby GT Service Bare Rear Bumper.
6R3Z6320049-BA GT/CS & Shelby GT Accessory Rear Bumper
7r3z17k835baptm GT-500 Rear Service Bumper

I have all the part numbers they say I need. Rt headlight assembly is a different price than the left headlight. Why is that? Why the duplicate parts at different prices? This is nuts... How do know the correct part at the lowest price is used? It's a nightmare...

They're confusing your car with a GT-500 when looking up part numbers.

My 2010 GT500 has the mustang in the front windshield too so I don't think so.

Phill

I have all the part numbers they say I need. Rt headlight assembly is a different price than the left headlight. Why is that? Why the duplicate parts at different prices? This is nuts... How do know the correct part at the lowest price is used? It's a nightmare...

That happens a lot in the parts world. The best explanation I've ever heard was due to demand, raises the price. I've seen this with fenders, door glass and even decals. If one side is in more demand the price goes up. Perhaps more people are wrecking the right side of their Mustang thus more right side headlights are being used in the repair business.

Steve

My 2010 GT500 has the mustang in the front windshield too so I don't think so.

Phill

While I don't disagree with this statement, I can tell you from first hand experience that some items on an 07 SGT and an 07 GT-500 are identical, yet they have different part numbers with different pricing.

Example given above is the rear bumper, the SGT, California Special, and GT-500 all have the same rear bumper for 07, yet you will find 3 different part numbers with 3 different prices (any guess which one costs the most?, yep the GT-500 p/n)

When I was a GT/CS fanatic i learned the rear bumper cover had two parts numbers because:

One number for insurance companies, who were expected to pay the full load without blinking an eye, and

One number for "accessory" seekers who would end up paying around one hundred dollars less.

Capitalism.

Hmph.

Went to the dealership to check the progress on the new stripes and paint after 5 weeks... guess what? the morons painted the stripes 11" wide with a 1.5" gap instead of 9" and a 1" gap. I asked them to contact Shelby American for the specs on the stripes and I gave them the silver paint code you were nice enough to send me.

PLUS, the stripes they did paint varied from 11 1/8" wide to 10 3/4" wide depending on where you measured....hood, roof, rear deck ,whatever... Then the GM got into an argument with me saying I should have told them they were 9" wide... WHat? I told them that THEY are the FORD DEALERSHIP. They sell these cars and I have to tell them how to repair them? They measured the stripes on a GT500 in the showroom instead of calling Shelby as I told them to do. They do not know the difference in a Shelby GT and a GT500. They first ordered GT500 headlights and windshield for my car, which I had to go down there and straighten that out too.

Took it all the way up to the head guy who was also an ass. Now they have to sand off these stripes and repaint everything again. Can I complain to Shelby American about their unprofessionalism, argumentative nature and sarcastic attitude towards me and this valuable piece of history? They should not represent Ford, much less Shelby American... Now the car is suppose to be ready Wednesday instead of tomorrow, but I dont trust them to it right this time now.

front

back

Did they remove the stripes or were they already off the car? Just wondering, why did you choose a dealership to do this rather than a body shop? Sounds like a dealership that should not ever be used again for sure!

One of the 6 other Mustangs that were "injured" in the gravel truck incident on the interstate, belonged to a club member who was the body shop Manager for this huge Atlanta dealership. They have a very big body shop with 6 - 8 paint booths and lots of work going on there. He took our 4 cars in to get the work done right, but they fired him a few weeks later in the middle of our car repairs. It was due to an unrelated incident, but needless to say it all went downhill after that. No one there knew what was going on and the guy that is in authority is more worried about get a bunch of local cop cars painted to satisfy a gov. contract than repairing our cars correctly. I did meet this the 2nd man in charge of the entire dealer as the owner is out of town. He assured me the car would be corrected and ready on Wednesday. We'll see.

Sounds like you had a good plan until things changed when the manager got fired. You would think that they would have measured the stripes before they stripped the car down.....Oh well....hope they get it right for you!!

Yeah... You would think! Trouble is they didn't. They essentially blamed me for nt telling them the stripes are 9" wide. WTF? They are the Ford dealer. They sell Shelby's. You'd think they would know more about them than I'm suppose to... Joke...

I gave up on Ford doing anything correctly. I told them to just strip off the painted stripes that are wrong, repaint the car white, sand, clear coat, buff, add on the new lights, grill etc and I would pick it up Wednesday. I spoke with Brian at Shelby Performance Parts and he is shipping me new a vinyl stripe and rocker panel stripes kit for the car. I have a very good vinyl, wrap place near the house that will apply them a week later after the car is picked up. Problem solved, except that I wanted painted stripes and now I'm back to the vinyl. I wonder if these new stripes show the water spots as badly as the original ones did. Anyone know?

I gave up on Ford doing anything correctly. I told them to just strip off the painted stripes that are wrong, repaint the car white, sand, clear coat, buff, add on the new lights, grill etc and I would pick it up Wednesday. I spoke with Brian at Shelby Performance Parts and he is shipping me new a vinyl stripe and rocker panel stripes kit for the car. I have a very good vinyl, wrap place near the house that will apply them a week later after the car is picked up. Problem solved, except that I wanted painted stripes and now I'm back to the vinyl. I wonder if these new stripes show the water spots as badly as the original ones did. Anyone know?

The new vinyl is better.

But you should still keep them as clean and dry as possible.

Jer

Archived