TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Sturgis Mustang Rally

Techsan

There are lots of really nice places to stay in the hills area. Also executive lodging that are beautiful cabins in the black hills. I would suggest you make a reservation as soon as possible. I live about 100 mi away from sturgis. If you have any more questions you can pm me

Really great to hear that some of the Team Shelby people are coming. This is a great event and couldn't be in a prettier setting. The Harleys move out and the ponies move in! If we can get people organized it would be fun to have a Team Shelby get together. I would work on that if you think that would be something you would like to do. I'm sure we can find a place for drinks/snacks one evening. I'll see what I can do. I have one hotel in mind that is a few miles -about 10 from Sturgis but might be able to stay in one place. I will check on what they have available. It is right on the interstate on the way to Sturgis. Sound like something you would like?

Really great to hear that some of the Team Shelby people are coming. This is a great event and couldn't be in a prettier setting. The Harleys move out and the ponies move in! If we can get people organized it would be fun to have a Team Shelby get together. I would work on that if you think that would be something you would like to do. I'm sure we can find a place for drinks/snacks one evening. I'll see what I can do. I have one hotel in mind that is a few miles -about 10 from Sturgis but might be able to stay in one place. I will check on what they have available. It is right on the interstate on the way to Sturgis. Sound like something you would like?

That sounds GREAT! :happy feet: We are coming from Minneapolis :shift: and have reservation in Rapid City. Let me know what you come up with and if there is anything I can do to help you.

Thanks,

The Sturgis Mustang Rally is getting bigger every year but no way as big as the motorcycle rally. If you have the time come the week before for Kool Deadwood Nites. There are thousands of people on the street at Deadwood for free concerts on Fri and Sat nite. Hundreds of classic as well as late model cars.

Thinking about Fri evening and I will check the schedule and see if that would be a good time for a get together. Will keep you posted.

Planning on driving up from Orlando Fl next year....

Jim ,you won't be the only one from FL next year. This road trip will be the Grand Daddy of them all. Cliff and Jeff will be leading the MI guys. Last I heard Scott is going to pass on this one.

Jim ,you won't be the only one from FL next year. This road trip will be the Grand Daddy of them all. Cliff and Jeff will be leading the MI guys. Last I heard Scott is going to pass on this one.

Don,

I started Cliff thinking about it during our Smokey Run II...Glad they are talking about it...I will coordinate with Jeff and Cliff for Next year planning.

Still hoping Cliff will come to NPD next January...that would make NPD MORE fun....

Looking for a nice camp ground will have a carhauler with living quarters not sure what mustang ill bring but most likely the SGT

Check Elknorn Ridge RV Resort. A little way out of Sturgis closer to Spearfish but very nice-about 10 mi from Sturgis. 877-722-1800. I know of a couple of other people camping there for the Mustang Rally

• 1 month later...

I just want to remind everybody that the Sturgis Mustang Rally is getting closer. August 27th thru the 31st are the dates. I am planning on a get together for Team Shelby members and I will put that out soon. if I can help anybody with accommodations or if you have any questions let me know. I hope I see lots of Team Shelby people there. :shift:

I just want to remind everybody that the Sturgis Mustang Rally is getting closer. August 27th thru the 31st are the dates. I am planning on a get together for Team Shelby members and I will put that out soon. if I can help anybody with accommodations or if you have any questions let me know. I hope I see lots of Team Shelby people there. :shift:

We're looking forward to being there. :rockon:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help from a distance.

We're looking forward to being there. :rockon:

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help from a distance.

That's awesome! I will keep you posted. When I find out how many people would like to attend a get together for Team Shelby people we can make some final plans. Thanks a lot!

Looks like a great venue for a Shelby Grand National event???

That would be absolutely fantastic! The Black Hills hosts some big events and can certainly accommodate a significant number of people. A fall event after Labor Day would be great because the hotel/motel rates go down to about half what they are during the summer. There are such pretty drives for example through Spearfish Canyon and some cool places to hold poker runs. Dinner with Mt Rushmore in the background is awesome. If the powers that be want to pursue this I would be glad to help. I need projects now that I am retired!

Still trying to fit this into the schedule....would love to make it!

Sure hope you can! Planning on get together for Team Shelby-more details soon. Any questions let me know!

I've been to Sturgis for the Motorcycle event but not the Mustang gathering..............It's offically on the "To Do" list.

The whole Black Hills area is sure bursting with motorcycles but the first official day of the rally isn't until Sunday. Vendors and the early birds are all over the place. I have to go down that way on Friday and not looking forward to the time it takes just to get through Sturgis! Probably an hour Friday in what normally takes about 10 minutes then by Wednesday probably up to an hour and a half to get through. Worse on the nights of the big name entertainment. A good place to stay away from unless you are going there for a reason. I've rented out our house in the past but not this year. Hope you can make it some time to the Mustang Rally.

I've been to Sturgis for the Motorcycle event but not the Mustang gathering..............It's offically on the "To Do" list.

Dan-o,

Val and I are planning to do it next year. Would be great if you and Marji could make it.

Some of our friends from Michigan are supposed to meet us and a few from the Florida area are planning it.

Archived