TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Enthusiast Collection 2014 For Sale

Larry T

Oh my!!!!

All I want is the green 350 and the Shelby GT Prototype. That's all.

I saw, and have pictures of 10SS0001C "extremely" dirty, sitting next to a Terlingua at SAI when I dropped off my GT/SC in '09.

Really cool!

Are they making room for new vehicles in the museum? I just can't see someone saying "Hey let's sell these historic vehicles just because we need room for more". I don't know but I just don't think it was all about space. That's quite a few cars to clear out at once. But I hope the cars find a great home.

The 'deal' appears to be the Shelby Focus ST. Based on what a standard ST sells for, and the exclusivity of having the development car, the asking price seems reasonable......not that I have an extra $50K lying around.

Z-man

It is very peculiar that they are selling so many pieces of History and if they have all this room at the new facility it makes me wonder what the Heck is going on?

Its Possible to make room for new machines coming out....its possible they are trying to raise capital.......its possible that they just don't need all these cars and want to share them with people who have enough funds to play. I don't want to assume they are going down hill and clearing out everything but it does make you wonder.

Before I bought my KR, I saw the grabber blue GTS wide body at the Detroit Auto Show. I was really set to buy that or have a similar car built. That car is beautiful in person with the wide body option. I hope it finds a good home.

It's odd that they have a 2010 Super Snake with a white stripe.

I tried like hell to get mine built with a white stripe and Shelby American refused. They don't make them with white stripes. But there it is in all its glory.

That will be one RARE car since it is a one off.

Phill

It's odd that they have a 2010 Super Snake with a white stripe.

I tried like hell to get mine built with a white stripe and Shelby American refused. They don't make them with white stripes. But there it is in all its glory.

That will be one RARE car since it is a one off.

Phill

I drove that car at parade laps during SAAC 35 at Sears Point....and it was gooooood

NO Shelby is going down hill . They shouldn't have moved . Lost all there good man & women for what . I'm sorry to see this it's not looking good .

Had Shelby remained at their old outdated location and had Shelby kept the management folks that are no longer employees at Shelby then Shely American would have ceased to existed - end of story

No worries here - no fire sale, no raising capital etc. this is just a smart business decision for SAI to continue to move forward .......

Had Shelby remained at their old outdated location and had Shelby kept the management folks that are no longer employees at Shelby then Shely American would have ceased to existed - end of story

Yeah that adds up.

So how did that lawsuit you had against SA turn out?

I hope they get every penny for those cars or it is vacation time for everyone.

I drove that car at parade laps during SAAC 35 at Sears Point....and it was gooooood

After thinking about it further...That is the ONLY car produced before the 2011 MY that came from Shelby with a stripe color OTHER THAN black.

Remember that white SS with a blue stripe that caused so much contreversy around here? The owner got slapped a few times and proven that it was changed AFTER Shelby tagged it. Well this one is legit, the one and ONLY SS with a white strip prior to 2011.

RARE indeed. I seriously wish I had the coin to buy it.

Phill

This news release is tracking high and hard on yahoo

Good job SAI!

Huh? Not sure what this means.

Phill

When I first saw the email ad I thought they must be making space for some new concepts. After reading all the above comments I gave it a bit more thought.

It makes perfect sense from a business stand point for them to clear out these older prototypes while they are still in high demand. There is a lot of capitol tied up in these cars and we are not talking about a multi-billion dollar company here. Assuming there will be new concepts of future models (Fusion?, Explorer?, well at least a few '15 Mustang versions for sure) ) how many can they keep for museum/ historical purposes. I just don't see this as a fire sale type of move, just good business. Besides, they are not likely to sell all of them at once, so at some point after a several are sold they may just keep the remaining ones around. Another consideration is the auto-media buzz this will create while we continue to wait for the next gen Shelby's. Everything I see happening in recent times all looks like a solid re-enforcement of the future business plans.

just my 2 cents.

Surprised looking to move so many. If I was interested in have SAI do another conversion, I would prefer to see one of the examples in person rather than in a flyer. The majority of these models are still offered by SAI.

When I first saw the email ad I thought they must be making space for some new concepts. After reading all the above comments I gave it a bit more thought.

It makes perfect sense from a business stand point for them to clear out these older prototypes while they are still in high demand. There is a lot of capitol tied up in these cars and we are not talking about a multi-billion dollar company here. Assuming there will be new concepts of future models (Fusion?, Explorer?, well at least a few '15 Mustang versions for sure) ) how many can they keep for museum/ historical purposes. I just don't see this as a fire sale type of move, just good business. Besides, they are not likely to sell all of them at once, so at some point after a several are sold they may just keep the remaining ones around. Another consideration is the auto-media buzz this will create while we continue to wait for the next gen Shelby's. Everything I see happening in recent times all looks like a solid re-enforcement of the future business plans.

just my 2 cents.

Agreed 100%

Archived