TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions On A Ss Upgrade For My Beauty

I have a 2014 Sterling Grey with blue stripes, Recaros, track pack, performance pack, electronics pack, glass roof beauty which I have modified to have redline hood struts, Bob's oil separator, Jaegar bros rock guards, Steeda adj UCA, Steeda billet LCA, relocation brackets, adj panhard bar, and FRPP L springs. I also have stainless steel brake and clutch lines.

I am interested in a SS upgrade but my hesitations are price and the fact that I like my car as is too. From what I gather on this forum and the Shelby site, for the SS, Shelby doesn't change the UCA or LCAs from stock. Also, the Eibach springs are optional. I take that to mean that I could keep my FRPP L springs and control arms as I have them now. Is this correct?

I do want to upgrade to the Watts link so I know my panhard bar will go, but since its an aftermarket panhard bar does Shelby confiscate that as they do a stock arm with the upgrade?

I struggled to find information on the interior upgrade package. What exactly does it entail? I like my two tone seats with the blue stripes in my Recaros and the grip they seem to have. The Shelby seat covers appear cheaper to me and they don't appear to fit as well as the covers straight from the factory. I played a bit with the seat options but I wasn't sure if that's all you got for 3000 bucks. I'd like to match the seats to the stripes.

For those who have swapped gears, what is the biggest benefit to the change in ratio? Is it easier to launch or where is the benefit?

Finally on price, I did the whole build a SS thing on the Shelby website and without doing a widebody its about 50k. Its a little less without the interior upgrade of course. Given that I would need to sell the option to my wife who is going to think I'm frickin' nuts, is there any financing option that allows for a large payment and then installments?

Thanks for the help!

They will keep ALL take-off parts. Stock or aftermarket. If they don't take them off, they will probably remain on the car but Shelby could insist on OEM parts being put back on (for warranty and safety issues). They and I recommend you remove all aftermarket parts and replace them with the OEM parts until you get the car back.

There is NO financing avaiable. Cash only. That way, they could care less if you own the car outright or the bank does.

Gears are a personal preference. The '13 and '14 are notoriously high geared and everyone I've seen who has put lower gears in is happy with their decision.

Phill

What a cluster if I would have to get someone to remove the uca mount after the hell I went through to get it installed properly.

I've got all my stock parts but my relocation brackets are welded in.

I thought that was the case with the no financing. Not the end if the world but it would be nice to spread the pain.

Yep Phill is right. More than likely they would tell you to put the car back to stock. I asked about an SS conversion as well and since my car is really modified, almost the exact same stuff the SS uses, they told me they wouldn't do the conversion on my car unless it's back to stock. Completely ridiculous since all of the performance parts were purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. But that's their rules so that's just how it is.

I am currently waiting on my build to be complete, hopefully done before Labor Day.

I paid the $10K down up front to lock in the serial number (only $40K left!!). I decided not to do the WB because the build extended out another 90 days and they increased the price from $17K to $24K just for the WB package. I was told I could come back later for the WB once the production times were shorter and they would update the car's registry info with the add on.

I was shown a couple of Recaro seat options while at Shelby HQ. I decided to go with the mesh on the internal portion of the seat. It is very subtle, but when a camera flash hits it, the color really jumps out. I also did a secondary color for the stitching on the seats just to add some more red to match the brakes.

As far as the OEM stuff, I was told I could keep all my original parts, Shelby would just charge me a $750 "handling" fee and then it would be up to me to get the palletized stack of parts to wherever I was going. I could also pay for the shipping, which would be pretty high for all those parts, including my original wheels. This would probably be a good option for someone that had the time and patience to sell your original parts, but that is definitely not me.

Yep Phill is right. More than likely they would tell you to put the car back to stock. I asked about an SS conversion as well and since my car is really modified, almost the exact same stuff the SS uses, they told me they wouldn't do the conversion on my car unless it's back to stock. Completely ridiculous since all of the performance parts were purchased from Shelby Performance Parts. But that's their rules so that's just how it is.

Pretty much the same with my car. Every part the SS has plus more and it would all have to come off.

Otherwise you/I/we could get a SS on the cheap!

I'm not sure about the OP's welded-on relocation brackets. A call to SA would be in order.

Phill

Folks,

I kept my take off parts for $750 plus shipping(not cheap). Also got the upgrade package in solid leather, not mesh(personal preference on that) and feels great with the Recaro's.

The car was amazing before the conversion, and is even more amazing after. I did the 3.6 KB SC upgrade and would recommend it highly. I wouldn't have done the package otherwise.

Oh, and Ford Credit DOES offer financing, by the way....

Hope that helps,

Hawkbarr

CSM14SS0088

On the Super Snake *conversion*???

Phill

Folks,

I kept my take off parts for $750 plus shipping(not cheap). Also got the upgrade package in solid leather, not mesh(personal preference on that) and feels great with the Recaro's.

The car was amazing before the conversion, and is even more amazing after. I did the 3.6 KB SC upgrade and would recommend it highly. I wouldn't have done the package otherwise.

Hope that helps,

Hawkbarr

CSM14SS0088

Hey Hawkbarr,

Are you going to be at FFW?

I'm planning to be there. Drags and show.

Phill

When is it Phil? I have a wedding on Saturday and

Am riding the MS150 next weekend. I AM doing the Airstrip Attack at the CS airport next Friday(27th). Come watch!

Take care,

Hawkbarr

This Sunday. I wasn't going to go to the airport but now that i know you're running, I'll try to make it. It is LITERALLY right across the street from me.

Phill

Folks,

Hope that helps,

Hawkbarr

CSM14SS0088

First time I've heard of the financing as well....really?

Let me clarify. If you buy a car through ford credit and want the SS package, Ford will finance both the car and the SS package. I don't believe Ford will finance the SS package only for an existing (not new) car.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys , I just got my car back about 1 month ago. 2013 GT500 and got the SS conversion done with the 1000HP upgrade. The performance is unbelievable !!! Under the hood and the exterior is simply amazing and I spent quite of bit of money on extras to upgrade the interior got the carbon fibre package which makes a significant change of how the interior looks and with the Recaro seats upgraded with Katzkin leather design with matching color of the stripe and SS logo. When you said: its a tough call, I know what your saying cause it is a big decision ! its lot of money and when you see the transport truck pulling in to pick up your car it is scary . The whole experience was awesome , amazing service with frequent updates of status on production by e-mails and pictures . The car goes through quite a process , at one point you see your car with absolutely nothing under the hood (actually the original hood is gone) just a big empty hole ! But when they start to re-assemble the car with new parts you start to see the transformation you get so pumped just couldn't wait to get the car back ! As far I know there is no financing available for a SS package, on my initial visit everything was well explained to me of how the whole process goes including payments and they made it clear they were keeping all original parts not negotiable. Before I made my decision to go for it last fall , I did quite of bit of research of the SS package and options that were coming with it and for me if I was to spend that kind of money it was important to upgrade the interior too because we all know the SS package is mostly all under the hood and exterior of the car . Hopefully this helps you make your decision !

Congrats on the new beast!!! 1000hp is insane. Are you able to drive it on the street or is it just too much power? Is it just clanking and clattering with everything they have to modify to accommodate that crazy power? How long did it take? And lastly, what made you do 1000hp instead of 850?

I still haven't called Shelby because I think I'm afraid I'll want to go for it even more. I do plan on making that call though.

The HP is insane !!! Yes I do drive it on streets , the sound coming from those pipes is beyond belief it draws so much attention its crazy ! Of course I am the only one in my area that has a SS so the people that do know about those cars do notice when they see me . The car is solid , holds itself good on the road with the Michelin SS tires ( of course when their well warmed up and weather conditions are perfect) and with the track pack upgrade they did with the 1000hp package including brakes makes me feel safe when really pushing the car but obviously you have to let off at one point , its just crazy. The ultimate rush is when you hear the supercharger whistle when you gun it !! The whole process for the conversion to SS took them 6 months , a little bit more time than usual do to the fact that the factory was relocated a few months ago and they were waiting for parts delivery. For me it didn't really matter cause I sent the car away in the winter months the car was picked up in November and had it back in early June . The reason why I went for 1000 instead of 850hp is , knowing myself I always go for the top , probably I would of regret not going for it if I would picked the 850 package ! im glad I did but it is and extra 15k !

I will attach pictures to my profile shortly .

Archived