TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbt Gt Questions

Sgt2007

I'm importing my 2007 Shelby GT into Switzerland and the authorities there are asking the following questions. Grateful for any pointers from you here:

- Is your Mustang inside the “U.S. EPA National Low Emission Vehicle Programs (NLEV)”

I take it yes, but how can I verify this?

- If yes, does it have a sticker with “VEHICLE EMISSON CONTROL INFORMATION" or "IMPORTANT VEHICLE INFORMATION” written on it?

Where can I find this, in the engine bay?

- Does it have “Brake Assist” and “ABS”?

It has ABS, but what is brake assist?

- Does it have “Protection of occupants in side impact”? Specified with the “Directive 96/27/EC or ECE Regulation No. 95”?

It has side airbags so should be ok here.

I'm importing my 2007 Shelby GT into Switzerland and the authorities there are asking the following questions. Grateful for any pointers from you here:

- Is your Mustang inside the “U.S. EPA National Low Emission Vehicle Programs (NLEV)”

I take it yes, but how can I verify this?

Yes

- If yes, does it have a sticker with “VEHICLE EMISSON CONTROL INFORMATION" or "IMPORTANT VEHICLE INFORMATION” written on it?

Where can I find this, in the engine bay?

Yes there was a Shelby emissions decal on the Stock Hood, does the SGT you're buying have the stock hood? Meaning the factory hood with the SGT scoop??

- Does it have “Brake Assist” and “ABS”?

It has ABS, but what is brake assist?

Yes

- Does it have “Protection of occupants in side impact”? Specified with the “Directive 96/27/EC or ECE Regulation No. 95”?

It has side airbags so should be ok here.

Yes, at least on the '08's the ABS, traction control and side airbags were 'standard equipment'

Appears there is a Ford Motor generated letter you can buy when shipping a car overseas that may help with some of your issues.

Check out www.shopfodgear.com

There is also a production letter you can get for your car which is a 'nice to have,'

Archived