TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ORDERED 08' TODAY

Placed an order today for a 08' GT500. Have to give a huge thanks to Blayne9067 for his help in finding a dealer that would sell me a car at a price I could live with. Not an easy task. I don't care how long it takes to get the car as long as it is ordered and the deal is set. I have plenty of things to keep me busy in the meantime.

I know everyone will want specifics on the car:

Vista Blue with White stripes

Dark charcoal interior upgrade package

HID headlamps

I thought about ordering vapor but really want a blue/white car as my 67 clone is to be white/blue. I hope that all the other members here that are looking for a car find one in the near future and we can all share the happiness. Now if I can just get a second job at Wal-Mart.

:banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano:

Well, it looks like I do not have a car. I was asked to give a deposit at 8a this morning and at 10:30 the general manager emails me and says no car for me it is sold already. I hate to say typical dealer crap but it is what it is. Just do not understand why any company would allow its product to be sold by this type of system. I see why there are only two american manufacturers now.

Well, it looks like I do not have a car. I was asked to give a deposit at 8a this morning and at 10:30 the general manager emails me and says no car for me it is sold already. I hate to say typical dealer crap but it is what it is. Just do not understand why any company would allow its product to be sold by this type of system. I see why there are only two american manufacturers now.

Wow I can't understand that? Did they not think you were coming back with the deposit? Thats just nuts!

Nuts!Nuts Nuts! :censored:

That's messed up

sorry to hear that

I talked to salesman yesterday and he entered order per my color/options request. Sent me a copy of the order sheet. This morning he calls and says he needs deposit right now because another salesman is trying to sell car. I give him my card number. Two hours later, I get an email from the general manager stating they are only getting one car and it is spoken for. If they are lucky enough to get another it is mine. I told him I was told they were only getting one car and that it was mine at 6 over. Blayne went to dealer and was asked to leave after confronting gm. You would think they had better things to do than jerk people around. Just another black eye for Ford customer service. If they do not get a handle on this type of treatment, the number two auto maker in the U.S. will also have to sell out to a foreign maker.

FYI Red Bud Ford in Red Bud Illinois.

THATS SOUNDS LIKE A BAD CASE OF BILLY SQUIER!!!!! STROKE ME STROKE ME!!!!

Man that's why I didnt wait and bought a 2007 I figure the Dealers will get worst and worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck BillyRay

Thanks, but do you really think anyone with an office at Ford even spends two seconds caring about this. I have had all I can take from people who clearly think they are superior to me for some reason. I will no longer actively search for a car. That leaves one more available for all of you looking to become owners.

Sorry to hear your story. I hate it when dealers act like that. Unfortunately it seems to happen way too often.

Don't get discouraged though. Be patient and you will eventually find the right car at the right price.

Good luck!

"Sorry to hear your story. I hate it when dealers act like that. Unfortunately it seems to happen way too often."

Standard operating procedure for them.

"Don't get discouraged though. Be patient and you will eventually find the right car at the right price."

Yes I will, and it is looking like it will be a C6 at invoice.

"Sorry to hear your story. I hate it when dealers act like that. Unfortunately it seems to happen way too often."

Standard operating procedure for them.

"Don't get discouraged though. Be patient and you will eventually find the right car at the right price."

Yes I will, and it is looking like it will be a C6 at invoice.

Voting with your wallet will mean more to Ford than a call or email. Buy the C6. You will love it and hopefully Ford will see the valuable customers leaving right and left. I have gotten frustrated many times and nearly pulled the trigger on another car. If my deal does not work out soon, I am going to buy something else. Might be a diff Mustang (SGT or Roush) or Vette or used 911 Turbo or whatever.

I guess I have complained to Ford enough. I received an email from customer service requesting my name, address, and contact numbers so that they can look into this situation. Most likely will result in more wasted time but I plan to file a complaint with Ford Motor against the dealer. As the saying goes, I may not be able to make them sell me a car, but I can make them wish they had.

I guess I have complained to Ford enough. I received an email from customer service requesting my name, address, and contact numbers so that they can look into this situation. Most likely will result in more wasted time but I plan to file a complaint with Ford Motor against the dealer. As the saying goes, I may not be able to make them sell me a car, but I can make them wish they had.

Buy the C6, you will be happier using all the money you saved for mods. I was in the same situation like you, I went to a different dealer and bought a regular GT at invoice and couldn't be happier. My overall experience with Ford's dealers has soured my enthusiasm for this car and I no longer want one. Personally it will be a long time before I buy another Ford, once my GT is paid off I will looking for a ZO6 Vette or a new 08/09 C6.

Funny all these folks saying 'go buy the vette'

Fine, if you want the vette go buy it. You really did not want the Shelby enough to obtain one after all. Anyone can own a vette.

Do you really think the Chebby dealer is going to treat its customers any better given the same limited supply circumstances? If that Camero ever gets to market before the EPA and the enviroweenies shut it down, do you think the situation will be any different? Heck, tried to buy a very limited AMG or special edition Porsche? No different except the numbers are even larger.

Geeze folks, buying from a car dealer has been a less than great experience for those that want something less than mainstream since the Model T was sold. If you really want a fabulous buying experiece over a special car, go buy the appliance...err....camery. Buying a specialtiy car has always required some extra effort or dealing with some 'tude'. Its part of EARNING the car in a way.

There are those that have the car and love it, there are those that wish they did but have not done what is necessary to get one (be it pay or leg work) and there are those that really dont care about the car. Each is a fine answer or position. But you are one of those three. Deal with it.

Fine, if you want the vette go buy it. You really did not want the Shelby enough to obtain one after all. Anyone can own a vette.

Do you really think the Chebby dealer is going to treat its customers any better given the same limited supply circumstances? If that Camero ever gets to market before the EPA and the enviroweenies shut it down, do you think the situation will be any different? Heck, tried to buy a very limited AMG or special edition Porsche? No different except the numbers are even larger.

Geeze folks, buying from a car dealer has been a less than great experience for those that want something less than mainstream since the Model T was sold. If you really want a fabulous buying experiece over a special car, go buy the appliance...err....camery. Buying a specialtiy car has always required some extra effort or dealing with some 'tude'. Its part of EARNING the car in a way.

There are those that have the car and love it, there are those that wish they did but have not done what is necessary to get one (be it pay or leg work) and there are those that really dont care about the car. Each is a fine answer or position. But you are one of those three. Deal with it.

You make some good points that I have never considered. Thanks for sharing.

I tried very hard to buy a GT500 but every time I walk into a local dealership all I get is lies and crap. I won't pay over MSRP and your right, I now no longer give two sh..ts about the car because of the treatment I received. I had no problem when I bought my 03 Cobra. I understood I was going to pay MSRP and no less which I was fine with. I sat down with the sales person and we wrote up the deal. Very painless transaction. Drove home that night with my car. Should have kept it.

The reason people keep mentioning the Vette is because it offers similar performance for equal, or in some cases less money than the GT500. It's called value. I love Mustangs and currently own two. But my enthusiasm for Ford and this car isn't what it used to be.

^^^^ Could not have said it better myself 90GT. NO CAR. I repeat, NO CAR is worth the hassle that dealers are putting prospective GT500 buyers through. There have been numerous stories about dealers making deals, whether by handshake or written contract, only to go back on their word when the car came in or even before. I could almost respect the fact that dealers want ADM, but if that is the case, state what it is and live by the deal you make. Don't go back on your word later because some other buyer offers more money or other dealers are getting more than the deal you made.

I tried very hard to buy a GT500 but every time I walk into a local dealership all I get is lies and crap. I won't pay over MSRP and your right, I now no longer give two sh..ts about the car because of the treatment I received. I had no problem when I bought my 03 Cobra. I understood I was going to pay MSRP and no less which I was fine with. I sat down with the sales person and we wrote up the deal. Very painless transaction. Drove home that night with my car. Should have kept it.

The reason people keep mentioning the Vette is because it offers similar performance for equal, or in some cases less money than the GT500. It's called value. I love Mustangs and currently own two. But my enthusiasm for Ford and this car isn't what it used to be.

I sure know how you feel and understand. I hope the price falls down to at least MSRP everywhere and I own one. I think it just plain sucks what allot of Ford dealerships are doing with the GT500.

^^^^ Could not have said it better myself 90GT. NO CAR. I repeat, NO CAR is worth the hassle that dealers are putting prospective GT500 buyers through. There have been numerous stories about dealers making deals, whether by handshake or written contract, only to go back on their word when the car came in or even before. I could almost respect the fact that dealers want ADM, but if that is the case, state what it is and live by the deal you make. Don't go back on your word later because some other buyer offers more money or other dealers are getting more than the deal you made.

+1. ADMs are a given for any car that is in very high demand and relatively short supply. The thing is when you make a deal be it verbally or in writing, you should live with it. That is called integrity. Too bad that a lot of dealers do not understand that.

That being said, the only reason one could get a better buying experience right now with GM that with Ford is because they don't have anything that matches the Shelby as far as supply vs demand is concerned, so thay need to be more buyer friendly in their approach. I totally agree that the C6 is a great car and a great value though.

Archived