TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302 Vs Camaro Z/28 At Thunderhill

Fat Boss

• 2 weeks later...

So, you are saying that a $50K Boss 302 with 444 hp and a live rear axle beat a $75K Camaro z/28 with 505 hp, huge carbon brakes and active suspension?

How embarassing!

So, you are saying that a $50K Boss 302 with 444 hp and a live rear axle beat a $75K Camaro z/28 with 505 hp, huge carbon brakes and active suspension?

LOL I didn't beat the Z, we weren't racing, and my car cost $43K. :shift: The Z/28 doesn't have active suspension but does have Multimatic DSSV dampers, the same tech used on F1 cars, and much better for the track.

The Z/28 owner did have to replace two wheels and one or two tires. Fortunately there was no major damage to his car.

Yeah... Me thinks the guy driving the Z28 got into the power a wee bit too soon coming out of that corner.

LOL I didn't beat the Z and my car cost $43K. :shift: The Z/28 doesn't have active suspension but does have Multimatic DSSV dampers, the same tech used on F1 cars, and much better for the track.

The Z/28 owner did have to replace two wheels and one or two tires. Fortunately there was no major damage to his car.

Well, in a race, if a driver wrecks and you pass him...that's beating him in my book! :lol:

Yah, I just quoted and "msrp" price I saw...

maybe his knee hit the key?

OK... THAT was funny! :lol:

Or maybe he has a lot of track time.

I like how you are being objective. There are two types of cars on track: Those who have been off and those who are going to go off.

Very nice driving!

If you watch the video closely, you will see that the Camaro was way off the line at the apex before he (ahem) "turned left" (he was way to early on the turn in). When he should be able to hit the throttle hard, he was already heading off track. His mistake was to try to turn too hard to over-correct for his mistake. Physics sucks! If he had held the wheel steady and gone a bit off track to the right, he may have been able to avoid the damage he sustained. The beauty is that Rick didn't over-drive the car at any point, just kept his line, and the result is for all to see. Nice driving!

Very nice driving!

If you watch the video closely, you will see that the Camaro was way off the line at the apex before he (ahem) "turned left" (he was way to early on the turn in). When he should be able to hit the throttle hard, he was already heading off track. His mistake was to try to turn too hard to over-correct for his mistake. Physics sucks! If he had held the wheel steady and gone a bit off track to the right, he may have been able to avoid the damage he sustained. The beauty is that Rick didn't over-drive the car at any point, just kept his line, and the result is for all to see. Nice driving!

Good point. Hard to really tell by the video, but you are probably right. Newton's 2nd law at work and abruptly met by the 3rd law. :fear:

Archived