TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Have Pics Or Info How To Remove The Factory Resonator From The Tubing

Okay took it apart and can't figure out how to get that muffler looking thing disconnected,pictures would be great on how to do this are any info,tried prying it out with screw driver but don't want to break anything,did replace just the airfilter seems a hair louder not much.

Have you searched the forum. I had a 10.and there were seceral posts on the 10.forums to do that

Yeah, pictures included. It's been a long time but I assume it's still on the server.

Phill

Spend the $75 for the FRPP Resonator Delete as when I got mine I realized it's so much more substantial, smoother, etc. vs factory piece. It also probably costs way less to build vs that whole Resonator so not sure why Ford didn't just include this on the 13-14's. SC Whine with the Resonator Delete and Blue Airraid is like going from 2 on your radio volume to 3. You can hear it a little more but it's not night and day. But VForceJohn on SVT Forum Dyno'd before and after and claims 25 HP with filter to wheels so I decided I was in as I'm not planning on tuning/modding to the point of risking the warranty.

Spend the $75 for the FRPP Resonator Delete as when I got mine I realized it's so much more substantial, smoother, etc. vs factory piece. It also probably costs way less to build vs that whole Resonator so not sure why Ford didn't just include this on the 13-14's. SC Whine with the Resonator Delete and Blue Airraid is like going from 2 on your radio volume to 3. You can hear it a little more but it's not night and day. But VForceJohn on SVT Forum Dyno'd before and after and claims 25 HP with filter to wheels so I decided I was in as I'm not planning on tuning/modding to the point of risking the warranty.

Ford put the resonator delete on because they are forced by law to limit the total decibel level the vehicle outputs. So if you want a louder exhaust you must take noise away from other areas, like sc whine. There is a reason they sell the FRPP resonator delete. Much easier and cost effective to swap out than an entire exhaust. If you're going to drop $65k+ on a mustang, $75 is really insignificant.

Ford put the resonator delete on because they are forced by law to limit the total decibel level the vehicle outputs.

Yep, EPA limits the amount of noise a vehicle can make. That's why Harley-Davidson went to the chain driven Twin-Cam motor, go get rid of the gear to gear noise of past cams.

Phill

Archived