TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did Ford Just Tip Their Hand On The 2015 5.0?

EL SHELBY

Ford claims +500hp in a BOSS 302 with Cobra Jet Intake, High Lift Cams, and Long Tubes.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2014/06/03/ford-racing-builds-500-horsepower-mustang-boss-302/

nice!

Not sure, but long tube headers are not street legal, typically....are they?

I would think if they came stock they would be. :shrug:

Not sure, but long tube headers are not street legal, typically....are they?

I would assume that depends on your local laws.

While it's not likely Ford would ever offer long tubes in a new Mustang off the lot they could surely build a header that flow we'll enough to maximize output and still pass emissions in all 50 states.

What's that come to, about $4,000 with labor for 68hp. I'd go for the blower.

Yeah but if you take your Boss on the road course you really do not want a blower. I plan on keeping my N/A and keeping it stock for at least another year while its still under warranty

Ford Racing has lots of exhaust options that are not street legal. Most involve deleting the catalytic converter (or leaving a fake bump out for them). The pipes for the Ford GT sounded really wicked. When I took mine in for the first emissions test (in CO) the person that was the head of the site came out and did a check on my exhaust to see if I had that setup installed. They know what to look for, it must show up on their computers...

Ford claims +500hp in a BOSS 302 with Cobra Jet Intake, High Lift Cams, and Long Tubes.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2014/06/03/ford-racing-builds-500-horsepower-mustang-boss-302/

I don't see how a SVT parts demonstration has anything to do with production 5.0's in the 2015. The current info leaks from everywhere I've read have the 2015 5.0 getting most of the Boss 302 improvements (maybe not forged though) and making around the 445 -450 hp range. A nice increas from 420, but they're not going to jump it up to over 500hp, they have to give themselves room to grow as time goes on.

I don't see how a SVT parts demonstration has anything to do with production 5.0's in the 2015. The current info leaks from everywhere I've read have the 2015 5.0 getting most of the Boss 302 improvements (maybe not forged though) and making around the 445 -450 hp range. A nice increas from 420, but they're not going to jump it up to over 500hp, they have to give themselves room to grow as time goes on.

Exactly, these are just new performance parts from FRPP. Heck, they are building new performance parts for the old pushrod motors also. And I can guarantee you that these new cams will not work on the new changed 5.0 coming out.

Archived